Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

New Book: The Templar Token

The book is available now on Amazon and E-kindle. Actually the full title is, The Templar Token: A Crusader Discovery of the Ark... Coined Onto Medieval Copper? And that pretty much explains what the book is about. It is a real-life numismatic mystery primarily focusing on one coin that could link crusaders to the lost Ark of the Covenant. But in order to fully explore this mystery, other numismatic areas are examined: ancient Roman coins, coins of ancient Judea, medieval coins of the Islamic world, medieval coins of the Byzantine Empire, medieval coins of Western Latin Europe and of course, coins of the crusaders. So... there is is. My shameless plug of the day.

Comments

• ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2022 5:32AM

Sounds interesting. I’ll bite.

Maybe - Oak Island?

• EdHayesEdHayes Posts: 39 ✭✭

I mention Oak Island once or twice, but there's no grand theory in this book linking the lost Ark, or Templars, to Oak Island. And while I do discuss a possibility of a Knights Templar connection to the coin discussed, my main emphasis is that the peculiar imagery on this coin could simply be crusader-connected.

@EdHayes said:
    I mention Oak Island once or twice, but there's no grand theory in this book linking the lost Ark, or Templars, to Oak Island. And while I do discuss a possibility of a Knights Templar connection to the coin discussed, my main emphasis is that the peculiar imagery on this coin could simply be crusader-connected.

Interesting. Is the book offered anywhere other than Amazon? Where did you acquire the coin?

• EdHayesEdHayes Posts: 39 ✭✭

Right now the paperback version is Amazon, but the cheaper E-Kindle version is also available.

I acquired the coin in January of 2015 at the Santa Clara (CA) coin show-- and I discuss that at length!

I broke down and against my better judgement used Amazon to purchase your book. Im not a fan of Amazon, I’m not into ancients, but I do like to support forum members who publish and I believe that yours is an interesting twist.

• Thank you Exbrit!