Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

For sale - (not) sports pennants from the 1940s, 50s and 60s

Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got a whole box of these I inherited from my father - any interest please PM me, I can send pics but they are all sizes (all triangular shape) all colors and for numerous city and sports teams…. Gotta see em to believe it…!!

Comments

• Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ttt
    Can make requests and I’ll check to see if I have your favorite team

I have gotten several pm’s about this post - and unfortunately there are few or no sports teams - which is my fault I thought there were, but these are mostly locations, with only a few universities. What do you guys think of these?? Some of these are reaching 80 years old - and I think my father (1935 - 2019) collected these when he was a kid.
    I’m trying to do some research to understand what these are and what value that might be worth… can anyone help?

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like these might appeal to the people in the area that are represented on the pennants. Far as value, could be a case what they might be worth to the interested buyer, if you can find such a buyer. Ebay might be your best option. Good luck with any sales.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • samspopsamspop Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭
  • Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow those are amazing.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Thanks for posting the ones you have - these are outstanding for the right buyer.

If you have any from anytown/city in Rhode Island or Boston, MA - I am interested.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store

To those that have PM’d me about these pennants - If I haven’t replied I apologize there were several all at once and I had to travel for work at short notice. I’ve lost track of them! Many came before I realized there were no sports teams.
    Meanwhile, I’m still trying to understand the value of these. I am willing to sell them to someone who will enjoy them but just trying to do some research - not trying to score a big profit or anything like that but also want to be somewhat educated about what I am offering!! Are any of these super rare? Maybe they are worth nothing and in that case I might as well keep them. So that’s what is going on and I apologize, maybe shouldn’t have posted here in for sale thread ans should have just sought information.
    So forgive me for the delay and PM me again if you’re still interested or have any information anour these pennants!!

• GooberGoober Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

I have one very similar to the Canada pennant. Went there for the first time in 1979 so mine is dated that year but doesn’t have the maple leaf. Very neat stuff.

Prost!

Why step over the dollar to get to the cent? Because it's a 55DDO.