Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Anyone Collect Modern Star Notes just for fun?

Just wondering if there are any other collectors out there that when I get a star note in change I have to keep it and add it to the collection?

Maybe I am the only one haha

Comments

• Options
    JDsCoinsJDsCoins Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

Right anytime I get them I have to save them haha

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

good idea having a stash some where

• Options

@johnny9434 said:
    good idea having a stash some where

They are fun and easy to collect is all

• Options

Love the solids 3s!!!!!

I want a solid number one bad

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

You found the solid 3 note in circulation ?

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the solid 3s.

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

love it but no more pressing it!

• Options
    mvs7mvs7 Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tomtomtomtom said:
    love it but no more pressing it!

:# Agreed.. youthful ignorance. It was pretty crumpled when I found it, and I rinsed with with dish soap/water and put it in a book for a few years. Hadn't even heard of PPQ/EPQ back then. Also a lesson I've subsequently learned...

• Options
    element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

Ok, finding that solid 3 in circulation is awesome!

I keep a few stars from each district if I get them, but I don't save everything. I have a few things I collect from circulation $1 notes: First a set by district, then a set by the serial number suffix, then each series year, then a set of blocks that are chemical element symbols (i.e. block FE for iron), then a few stars by district. I don't find much to add anymore though. It is about $100 in total and in a real emergency I could spend them, mostly at my cost.

I definitely save all the solid serial numbers I come across though. Zero so far :)

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fun here too. I've been pulling stars for years. Got a few solid stars, consecutive stars, about 3 dozen 2013-B's, and in the course of that itch, lots of trinaries, binaries, radars. It's all good. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

I love hearing I am not the only one!!

I think tomorrow I am going to get $300 worth of $1 just for fun

• Options
    luckyrollersluckyrollers Posts: 510 ✭✭✭✭

@mvs7 said:

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    You found the solid 3 note in circulation ?

Yep. In change at a McDonald's, of all places. That was almost 20 years ago now -- it's a Series 2001-- and it's what really reinforced looking at every note for me. At the time, I had no idea exactly how hard they were to find or how valuable they are. I'm mainly a coin guy, and this far beats any of the Coinstar silver scores I've had over the years.

Love the 3 $1 note!!!! Im a big fan of 3's

Are you planning to sell/trade the note?

Please let me know!

Vince

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

At one time I did collect them. Took the group to a show and no takers. So unless they are really interesting they go back into circulation.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".