Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

How can a serial number pair be found?

According to coin world "A set of two $1 Series 2013 star notes from the New York Federal Reserve district, one printed in Washington, D.C., and the other in Fort Worth, Texas, but both erroneously bearing the same serial number, sold in a verified eBay transaction for $25,000 on Oct. 9." How can the seller found that pair? It seems as the same difficulty as to find a winning lotto number.

Link to coin world article:

https://www.coinworld.com/news/paper-money/serial-number-pair-of-series-2013-1-star-notes-sold?utm_medium=Email&utm_source=Lyris&utm_campaign=PaperMoney

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jt88 said:
    " How can the seller found that pair?

Wait, What !?
    I’m guessing you meant “How did the seller find that pair ?”

In my opinion, the buyer overspent by $20K.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

wow, an expensive one to

• Options
    tomtomtomtomtomtomtomtom Posts: 535 ✭✭✭✭

from the other forum...the buyer and seller for $25K are from the same city in Florida...me smells a fish!

• Options
    mosjcoinmosjcoin Posts: 102 ✭✭✭

It sold again on Ebay over the weekend for $4504

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jt88 You should check out the 2013-B project website. If you have em, you can put em in the database. If marriages occur, deals are made. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭

@tomtomtomtom said:
    from the other forum...the buyer and seller for $25K are from the same city in Florida...me smells a fish!

What are you saying?