Home Sports Talk
Options

The return of Deshaun Watson

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

The NFL has officially reinstated Deshaun Watson, he will start this Sunday against, you guessed it, the Houston Texans. It will be his first regular season game in 700 days, Cleveland went 4-7 with Jacoby Brissett behind center as Watson served his ban. He'll finish out the season with games against the Texans, Bengals, Ravens, Saints, Commanders and Steelers.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

He did his time

Browns are now contenders

• Options
    edited November 28, 2022 2:14PM

I can't wait to see him go up against the Texans, I love these games with a little story line on the side, I think we'll call this game.......The Massage Bowl. 🤔

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't it be against Robert Kraft's Patriots?

@doubledragon said:
    I can't wait to see him go up against the Texans, I love these games with a little story line on the side, I think we'll call this game.......The Massage Bowl. 🤔

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

The return to action after two seasons is happening under favorable circumstances for Deshaun Watson. The Browns are coming off a much needed victory that should boost overall morale and playing against a team that isn't very good. Added to that is the Cleveland running game that the coaching staff can lean on to help the QB in his return. Watson might look bad and the Browns might lose but things are lined up good for them.

• Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    Wouldn't it be against Robert Kraft's Patriots?

@doubledragon said:

Hey, not a bad idea, I like the sound of that!

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure there will be lots of rust sunday, and probably for a number of weeks.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I couldn't believe wasn't surprised when the league arranged the suspension so that he'd be back for the Texans game.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

Being away for 2 years, gonna take time to get crisp. When he played for the Tejanos, he had issues, like holding onto the ball too long that led to sacks - one of the most sackable qb's in the NFL. He is going to have to correct that and it starts with coaching. He's no Brady with the quick flick right out of the hike for sure and it has cost him. He also had DeAndre Hopkins to throw to who can catch anything within a fully extended arm of his reach with just a pinky touching the ball. He won't have that in Brown land, his accuracy is going to have to be stellar. So we will see, we might be seeing another Mayfield moment, at least for a few games. Also, a 2.44 to 1 TD:Int ratio (see below playing with DHop) is not elite these days, Mahomes for example is better than 3:1 in his last 4 years, so....................

"Deshaun Watson has a passer rating of 101.0 with 9,716 yards, 71 touchdowns and 29 interceptions in 38 games with DeAndre Hopkins in his career."

We will see............

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, too bad he'll have to throw to that bum, Amari Cooper.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2022 3:08PM

Going to massage parlors has cost him a lot of passing yards.
    Drafted 2017 same as mahomes and he’s roughly 8,000 yards behind

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn, I hope the massage parlor I'm going to on Sunday has the game on - :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am sure he will start out a little stiff.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    I am sure he will start out a little stiff.

Well lets just hope the Browns have a "Happy Ending"

• Options
    edited December 1, 2022 6:50PM

C'mon man, its been over 700 days since I've been able to go outside! I will be a bit sluggish!

Oh, Jeez, didn't realize I had to explain it - Watson hasn't playeyed an Onfield game in over 700 days........... TADA! Feet gonna be like cement coated - LOL!