Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

1881-CC Morgan Dollar MS67

C2CC2C Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
edited November 25, 2022 12:10AM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

Please message me if you are interested. I respond daily between 3pm and 1am Mountain TIme I have an upgrade lined up and would like to move this along. Payment through Zelle please, and shipping & Insurance are included in the Purchase Price. I use FedEx Express and ShipandInsure. Direct Signature required and shipping/tracking provided as soon as payment clears. I overnight all packages. Thank you.

Asking Price is $4,800, which I believe is undervalued for this coin at grade and quality.

1881-CC MS67 Cert Number 2879365-001

NGC Imaging:

Actual Coin Images:

Heritage Auction Prior Description of this coin:

Comments

• Options

Superb very nice indeed

• Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

Why no CAC ?

• Options
    Che_GrapesChe_Grapes Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing coin - very nice!!
    Agree it looks like a cac’er to me - worth sending it in?

• Options
    dsessomdsessom Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fishpro said:
    Why no CAC ?

You don't need a "WOW" sticker on a diamond. That's why.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:

@Fishpro said:
    Why no CAC ?

Not cool.

If you’re interested in the coin PM the seller.

That's a commonly asked question in the same way that folks selling raw 1893-S Morgans often get comments wondering why it wasn't slabbed.

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BAJJERFAN said:

@skier07 said:

@Fishpro said:
    Why no CAC ?

Not cool.

That's a commonly asked question in the same way that folks selling raw 1893-S Morgans often get comments wondering why it wasn't slabbed.

Agree with you that it’s a commonly asked question but the BST is not the appropriate place to be asking.

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:

@BAJJERFAN said:

@skier07 said:

@Fishpro said:
    Why no CAC ?

Not cool.

Agree with you that it’s a commonly asked question but the BST is not the appropriate place to be asking.

It's on the BST board so that's where it ought to be discussed since there is an unwritten rule about posting on the U S Coin Forum about coins that are for sale here or elsewhere. It's a very nice coin, but I would prefer the extra measure of value protection that a CAC sticker affords. Or maybe it was submitted and didn't get the bean.

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not disputing the significance of a sticker but I believe a PM with the seller is the most appropriate way to address this question rather then in a thread. There’s an unwritten rule about not critiquing coins for sale on the BST and IMHO this type of question is somewhat negative and uncalled for in a thread.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coin. I'd be asking the same. Who needs JA's or anyone else's opinion to sell what you own ?

• Options
    FishproFishpro Posts: 379 ✭✭✭

When I’m at a show trying to sell Morgan’s in the $2500 to $5000+ range to the public they want to see that CAC on the holder.

• Options

That is a beautiful coin. If I was ready to spend the money that would be for me. No doubt about it. As someone said "this coin is a diamond". The price seems more than fair. I don't want to add to the clutter here, I think differently. I see opportunity!
    Someone could buy the coin and get their own CAC sticker. The absence of that sticker at this price? It's a no brainer..

• Options
    C2CC2C Posts: 108 ✭✭✭

@Fishpro said:
    Why no CAC ?

Actually, I sent it to CAC, but it was during one of those "busy" times and It came back to me exactly the way I sent it. Meaning same rubber bands in the same place, bubble wrapped the same way. I never had that happen before, so I assumed it was inadvertently placed from in coming to out going without being seen. That happened twice to me last year before I stopped sending coins in to them.

I do feel that coin was absolutely fantastic without the sticker though. The question didn't bother me. I was just out of commission since like September.

Thanks to everyone who commented.