Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Any info on this $20 would be appreciated...

RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 22, 2022 6:28PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Hi Folks,

One of my friends sent me the following images. Can anyone please tell me what this kind of error is called and whether this note has any value beyond face?

Thanks very much!!

Land of the Free because of the Brave!

Comments

• Options
    wozymodowozymodo Posts: 138 ✭✭✭

Minor MisCut Error Note - "A MisCut note will have the back, face, and overprint all in line with each other but the cut (outside margin) will be out of alignment.

BEP inspection guidelines for modern notes state that as long as there is a white border all the way around note design, it is passable" -US Error Note Encyclopedia (Stephen M. Sullivan)

See ebay for pricing

• Options

@wozymodo said:
    Minor MisCut Error Note - "A MisCut note will have the back, face, and overprint all in line with each other but the cut (outside margin) will be out of alignment.

BEP inspection guidelines for modern notes state that as long as there is a white border all the way around note design, it is passable" -US Error Note Encyclopedia (Stephen M. Sullivan)

See ebay for pricing

Thank you very much!

• Options
    Mike59Mike59 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

Usually if a note is misaligned one side is off and the side is normal (aligned). I think this note might be cut from a uncut sheet bought from the BEP to create what looks like an error. I think u might be able to search a series 2017A $20 serial number to b sure.

MIKE B.

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mike59 said:
    Usually if a note is misaligned one side is off and the side is normal (aligned). I think this note might be cut from an uncut sheet bought from the BEP to create what looks like an error. I think u might be able to search a series 2017A $20 serial number to b sure.

The latest $20 uncut sheets offered from the BEP were series 2013 (MD-A) so this note was not cut from a sheet.

• Options
    Mike59Mike59 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

I stand corrected. Glad i said "I Think". About 15 years ago or more I bought a Series 2004 $50 Star note graded Gem Uncirculated 68 as an "Error note". It had the Color boarder still attached to the note and was sold to me as an error. a couple of years later while researching ( which i should have done before i bought it) I found out that it was cut from an uncut sheet. Still cool note. Mike

MIKE B.

• Options

Thanks very much guys!! Most appreciated.