Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Are Collector's Club memberships still rolling forward?

The message is still splashed on my Membership page:

Current Collectors Club memberships will be extended for the duration of the service suspension. Your new expiration date is shown below.

My membership is showing as expiring in 2 days however.

Comments

• Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 451 ✭✭✭

I think that they stopped.

Matt

• Options

@firstbase23 said:
    I think that they stopped.

Matt

Did they actually announce anything that I missed?

I would have expected communication from them that:
    1) The roll-forward was being discontinued because they feel like they are fully back to regular business now.
    2) My own membership was about to expire, so they could nudge me to renew it.

I know last month, I recall it going to to something like 5 days remaining, and then it suddenly got extended for another month.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine expires in mid December. Only way I am renewing is if they go back to giving vouchers or bulk is below $12. If not I will stick to buying cards already graded

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Mine says it also ends in 2 days. I just sent in a last $15 order today. If they do monthly specials going forward, I may re-up, but we'll have to see what happens. I agree it is surprising they aren't nudging for renewals, though.

• Options

@Statman said:
    Mine says it also ends in 2 days. I just sent in a last $15 order today. If they do monthly specials going forward, I may re-up, but we'll have to see what happens. I agree it is surprising they aren't nudging for renewals, though.

I’ve got an order ready to go too. I’d like to hold off a slight bit longer, but if I don’t see a renewal tomorrow, I’ll be sending this one off. I will then just let the membership lapse and re-up in the future depending on specials and price drops.

While they are close, I don’t think they are quite ready to fly the mission accomplished banner yet though. I feel like they need to get to a point where they can offer the gold memberships with vouchers and get prices down a hair more.

• Options

Hold up… my membership literally just rolled over. It’s now showing 36 days. Good job, PSA!

• Options

Mine too, just went from 2 days to 38 days till expiration tonight.

• Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 453 ✭✭✭✭

For 20+ years my membership was due mid December. Now it's set to expire in February. I have not subbed a single order since my last Club sub in November 2020. I wasn't too impressed when the Club sub turned into an economy sub and took 6 months to process or that I quit receiving the PSA magazine after that first year. Fast forward---- I now have received the PSA magazine for a couple of months (not impressed). I'm definitely on the fence about renewing my membership. Vouchers, reasonable prices, processing time and small customer appreciation gift ( remember-- ball cap, t-shirt, satchel, backpack, multiple books, etc..) would make the membership a value rather than just a privilege to sub with PSA.

• Options
    StatmanStatman Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Mine also went from 2 days to 36 days - maybe they will have some sort of December Special? $15 for 1980-1995?

• Options

@Statman said:
    Mine also went from 2 days to 36 days - maybe they will have some sort of December Special? $15 for 1980-1995?

I would have to guess there will be another going live as soon as the current one ends. Probably something for the vintage sports collectors would be appropriate since they've been shut out so far with these specials.