Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I need help identifying this medal

I need some help identifying exactly what I've got here.

Here's what I know:
Germany Federal Republic gold Proof "Adenauer & Heuss" Medal 1963 PR66 Ultra Cameo NGC, 50mm. 107.65gm. Serial #170.
After that, I'm pretty much at a loss.

I've seen the Adenauer/Kennedy medals before. I've even seen Adenauer and others but I've never seen this particular medal.

I searched Numista under the exonumia section and I didn't get any result. I even tried searching under the coins section and still didn't find any information.

I went to the NGC site and typed in the cert number and all that does is give me the generic info I already know.

I can't find any information regarding this medal anywhere.

What I'm looking for is total number minted, what exactly is it commemorating, and anything else you can find to give me as much info as possible. Anything you can add will be greatly appreciated.

Here's a couple pictures:

Obverse
1669055711146.jpeg

Reverse:
1669055730514.jpeg

Comments

• Options

Apparently I'm not able to post pictures as I've not contributed enough to the forum

• Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭✭

You might or might not yet have permission to post images, but the way you have attempted to post them appears to be incorrect. In your post you have the name and file extension of the images, but when/if you get posting permission all you will have to do is drag the image from your computer into the text box you are typing in and the image should upload into the post automatically without a file name or extension.

I hope this was clear and good luck.

Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

• Options

• Options
    tcollectstcollects Posts: 851 ✭✭✭✭

they look grumpy, funny realistic coin design