Home Sports Talk
Options

Illinois-Michigan game

coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

I missed the whole game- have not seen much other than the Michigan 4th and 3 conversion followed by a pass interference call that basically put them if FG range. So was there a formation issue that was missed on this conversion? Was the pass interference call reasonable? Just curious what those that may have seen the ending of the game thought about how it ended...

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

Comments

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinkat said:
    I missed the whole game- have not seen much other than the Michigan 4th and 3 conversion followed by a pass interference call that basically put them if FG range. So was there a formation issue that was missed on this conversion? Was the pass interference call reasonable? Just curious what those that may have seen the ending of the game thought about how it ended...

Big Ten in 60... no spoilers... :D

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinkat said:

There was also a pass reception by michigan that clearly hit the ground, but was called a catch and let stand by replay. I guess the forearms had control.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Indiana game had a call that one must see to believe- Hightower caught the ball in the end zone in the second quarter and the replay was clear... very clear and was not over turned. I t was a TD. The difference is that Illinois had many opportunities to win that game and it didn't happen.

There was a defensive DPI called in the Purdue game at the time Weatherspoon intercepted the pass in the 3rd quarter- questionable call at best and could have gone as OPI- next play was a Purdue TD. Instead, it could have been Illinois ball.

And then there was the Michigan game which I missed... and maybe it was better that I missed it.

For those that occasionally look back- take a look at the Illinois Michigan game from 2000- that one was at Champaign (35-31 Michigan win) but some of the 4th quarter calls that were captured on UTube sadly create doubt.

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are two areas of receiving that I wish would be changed: the ball hitting the ground as seen above just needs to be an incomplete pass and the constant hand-fighting that goes on between receiver and DB needs to be stopped. Both of those areas of the game in the NCAA and NFL are constantly in play and judged by the officials. They affect the outcome of every game.

There is no way that when a receiver makes a catch, goes to the ground and the ball hits the ground that it doesn't move. There is no way that defenders don't affect the receiver and the receiver doesn't affect the defender with the hand fighting, push-offs and putting hands on the other player. Some guys are experts at it and shouldn't be rewarded.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well we'll see if OSU can pass against the MU defense. I think MU defense is too good for OSU to get a runnig game going - Saturday coming up fast..................Kegs and eggs for sure!

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bret Bielema was furious after the game. He said "I've lost all respect sorry this is absolutely rigged for money or ratings. I won't be silent. I just saw it live.;;

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21