Home Sports Talk
Options

My first name is in my last name.

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who else ?

Comments

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

I graduated with a guy named David David. Why would parents do that to their child??

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Duany Duany

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:
    Who else ?

hey Goldenage,
    Cool card...
    now let me get some thinking in on some names... B)

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,158 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options

@Maywood said:
    I graduated with a guy named David David. Why would parents do that to their child??

Seems like William Williams from Brian’s Song did ok.

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not quite a same first and last name situation, however reading this thread jogged a memory to the surface of my consciousness from way back in 1979 or 1980.

I was working as a law clerk in the Sacramento County Counsel's Office while going to law school. My supervising attorney asked me to go across the street to the Sacramento County Superior Court to talk with one of the court's staff court reporters about ordering up and obtaining from him a transcript of a court hearing.

I found the court reporter in his assigned courtroom. We spoke. He gave me his business card and told me his name. HIs parents were cruel in naming him.

The man's last name started with a "D", ended with a "ck" and had the the third of five vowels in it.

The more formal/longer version of his first name was "Harold".

The man did not use the more formal/longer version of his first name. He used the informal/shorter version (i.e. that used by the current Duke of Sussex).

His business card and his verbal statement to me gave his name using his last name and the informal/shorter version of his first name.

Proudly and defiantly I would say.

When he told me his name he was looking at me in the eyes daring me to provide him any type of response (surprise, shock, laughter, smile, frown, etc.) that he could use to snap back at me.

I was surprised, but held things in check. I politely thanked him and left his courtroom. When I got out into the hallway I laughed at the absurdity of what had just happened.

His parents giving him that name is much, much worse than the central character in the Johnny Cash song "A boy named Sue". I can only imagine the grief that he experienced as a kid growing up.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dain Dainja - Fighting Illini Basketball

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Going south but

Sirhan Sirhan
    the assassinator of Robert Kennedy

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

From the music world Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam.

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

So the parents must be very boring.....

Longar Longar.........

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• Options

Damn, I'm not touching this one - :D
    Not an exactly double but who knows for sure?

• Options

Thinking about the Browns I can't remember a person with the same names But I do appreciate a good price for the value...........

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went to school with a guy whose name was Ronald Arnold. My mom's next door neighbor is Billy Williams.