Home Sports Talk
Options

Eagles signing free-agent DT Ndamukong Suh

Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you think? - turning 36 and was always a hot headed player causing problems on the field - BUT now strengthens Philly D or just a hinderance?

https://www.nfl.com/news/eagles-signing-free-agent-dt-ndamukong-suh-ahead-of-playoff-run

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2022 7:35AM

It's a great addition, they will rotate him in for certain situations to keep him fresh.

He should be solid when he is in the game

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

a good addition. not an every-down player anymore, but is solid in limited situations.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

36 and a QB or K - yes

36 and a DL - not so sure

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2022 9:22AM

He played for the Rams in 2018. No one that I know of was sorry to see him go. One year was plenty.....He bounces around from team to team.....I think that says something..... Interesting name though..🤔

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:
    36 and a QB or K - yes

He's a Defensive Tackle, not a Linebacker or Cornerback so his snap count would be limited as it is (his career high average for snaps per game was 61 in a season he got paid 26M. Philly just signed him for 8 games plus the playoffs at what I'm guessing would be about 5-6M at best.probably less.
    He didn't miss a single game,regular or playoffs, in his age 34 & 35 seasons so I doubt that will be an issue now. If I had to guess why he didn't sign in the offseason was because no one wanted to pay his asking price.
    If I were a Philly fan I'd take Suh on fairly cheap money to line up for anywhere from 20-40 snaps per game.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

@Goldenage said:
    36 and a QB or K - yes

He's a Defensive Tackle, not a Linebacker or Cornerback so his snap count would be limited as it is (his career high average for snaps per game was 61 in a season he got paid 26M. Philly just signed him for 8 games plus the playoffs at what I'm guessing would be about 5-6M at best.probably less.
    He didn't miss a single game,regular or playoffs, in his age 34 & 35 seasons so I doubt that will be an issue now. If I had to guess why he didn't sign in the offseason was because no one wanted to pay his asking price.
    If I were a Philly fan I'd take Suh on fairly cheap money to line up for anywhere from 20-40 snaps per game.

Reggie White had a good year at age 37 so perhaps you’re right. Not too many do though.

• Options

He's only missed 2 games in 12 seasons, that has to be unheard of for a guy whose 6-4 313lbs.

• Options

@Goldenage said:

@erikthredd said:

@Goldenage said:
    36 and a QB or K - yes

Reggie White had a good year at age 37 so perhaps you’re right. Not too many do though.

I wouldn't put Suh in Reggie's company but once he starts getting double teamed its gonna open up lanes for the Philly front seven. That might be his biggest impact, do you let your Olineman go one on one with him or do you double him and free up someone else down the line?

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 18, 2022 5:15PM

He will be on the Eagles roster, hopefully for them, right up and until after the Super Bowl or however their season ends.....then.....Bye, Bye.....Bank On It.......Situational player....The kind that teams in the running always pick up during what could be a championship year.......The Eagles look good.....hope he helps out....I really don't care.....

P.S. The reason that I don't care is because I don't particularly care for the Eagles.....Not the team....but the fans.....Those folks go to games looking for trouble...... Most obnoxious, annoying, fans in the league...... Raider fans take a back seat those people.... Last I heard?...... There is a jail at the Eagles stadium..... Why would that be?????🤔

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

There is a jail at the Eagles stadium..... Why would that be?????🤔

I have no idea............... :D

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"