Home Sports Talk

Royals Fans - New Stadium thoughts

Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just read where the Kaufmans possibly want a downtown stadium. I always loved the KC setup for baseball and football with a large parking area. I live in St. louis and have not been to a game because of costs, crime and lack of parking. I have turned down many of free tickets, even the all inclusive tickets.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Comments

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 22, 2022 8:28AM

@Alfonz24 said:

I always loved the KC setup for baseball and football with a large parking area. I live in St. louis and have not been to a game because of costs, crime and lack of parking.

Yea, I thought it was a cool set-up.....I used to drive by there every once in a while...Is the football Stadium and the Baseball park together in the same place?....That's how I remember it.....With a BIG parking area too.....And, as far as Cardinal games are concerned?..... I agree 100%. I went to games at the old Busch Stadium (Is that the name?)...that place was horrible!.... So when the new park was built I thought anything is an improvement.......The new stadium is nice to look at....BUT.....I would NEVER go to a game there!....At least not a night game!....The neighborhood is FRIGHTENING!..... All those ancient crumbling brick buildings!... SCARY!.... And where do people park?!....I agree with you Alfonzo....100%.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:
    Just read where the Kaufmans possibly want a downtown stadium. I always loved the KC setup for baseball and football with a large parking area. I live in St. louis and have not been to a game because of costs, crime and lack of parking. I have turned down many of free tickets, even the all inclusive tickets.

As someone who isn't familiar, I'm interested if you want to elaborate. As far as I know, the two areas are about 3 to 4 hrs apart. What is the situation near the current stadium?

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hydrant that’s funny because me and a buddy had to walk 2 or 3 blocks through those ancient crumbling brick buildings to get to our hotel after a night game in St. Louis. That was many years ago so don’t know if it’s still that bad. They had something like the subway called the metro or something but it didn’t get us as close to our hotel as I would have liked. 🥺

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.

Alfonz it’s not Kaufmans now or David glass of Walmart fame. An investment group owns the royals led by a guy named John Sherman. Patrick mahomes is actually part owner. I guess they wrote a letter to kc populace and fans and the city in general. I didn’t really read it but I think they said the cost would be 2 billion for a new stadium.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

How old is the current Stadium? must be 50 years or more.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

@craig44 said:
    How old is the current Stadium? must be 50 years or more.

I think 1973 was first year. Kind of coincided with the rise of Brett and the royals

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21

They did have a big renovation about a dozen years ago for 250 million so maybe they should have built a new stadium then.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
  • MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

How is it that they build these fantastic stadiums/arenas, make untold billions from their use and they can't last more than 50 years?? I have an idea it's because the rich scumbag owners take all the profits and don't keep up on building maintenance. Each owner rolls the responsibility over to the next owner and they all seem to know that eventually they'll be able to get the sucker citizens to build them a new building with the help of the crooked politicians.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood said:
    How is it that they build these fantastic stadiums/arenas, make untold billions from their use and they can't last more than 50 years?? build them a new building with the help of the crooked politicians.

Crooked politicians gets my vote. If the owners would have to pay and not bribe the local pols the stadiums would last forever. Then the actual taxpayers get stuck with the bill while the elitists get the front row seats for free.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.