Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cards I want to Grade

I have a few cards I’m looking to get graded. After looking at the grading sites I’m really confused and do not want to get “stuck” owing a ton of money. Can someone please help and maybe see if these are worth grading?

Comments

• Options

Sorry here are the years
    1964, 1959, 1966, 1963, 1964

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would grade Mantle only.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.
  • Options

Eye balling it….guesstimation?

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

What is your concern? That is, why do you wat to grade them?

• Options

I don’t know how the grading process works. I’ve read that I submit and I estimate what I think it’s worth. If it’s more than I’m charged more? That’s the concerned part.

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

By the scan, they all are lower to mid grade and not worth grading. However, I would grade the Mantle. I would send it in the $30.00 grading level because the value should be less than $499.00. However, if PSA deems it to be a higher grade an such will label it a 7 or 8 they would upcharge you to that lever. I would be ok with hat as the card will be valued at a lot more.
    Hope this helps.
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

@milbroco said:
    By the scan, they all are lower to mid grade and not worth grading. However, I would grade the Mantle. I would send it in the $30.00 grading level because the value should be less than $499.00. However, if PSA deems it to be a higher grade an such will label it a 7 or 8 they would upcharge you to that lever. I would be ok with hat as the card will be valued at a lot more.
    Hope this helps.
    Bob

This is excellent advice!

Just using estimated numbers here (not real market value), let's say that Mantle is a PSA 6, and it's worth $400 according to PSA's price guide. That would be the $30 service and that is what you should pay. Do not overgrade your cards. If PSA later deems the card a PSA 7, now its worth $800. You should have paid the $50 service for that, but PSA does not penalize you in any way, they just asked to submit the $20 difference and that is it. If it is graded at PSA 8, then the value would be $1200 and that corresponds to the $100 service, so you just pay the $70 difference. Nothing else.

You were already advised to submit the Mantle at a $30 service level. So, go with that. I think most people would love to get the higher grade and just pay the difference. The extra $20 or $70 should not break bank.

Does that address your concerns?

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

There are financial penalties in play when pictures have unintended feet or fingers showing.

• Options
    judgebuckjudgebuck Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

I agree with the comments above. Grade the Mantle card only and submit at $30 level.

Always looking for Mantle cards such as Stahl Meyer, 1954 Dan Dee, 1959 Bazooka, 1960 Post, 1952 Star Cal Decal, 1952 Tip Top Bread Labels, 1953-54 Briggs Meat, and other Topps, Bowman, and oddball Mantles.

• Options
    steel75steel75 Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭✭

Can never go wrong with grading a Mantle. Plus if you are "upcharged", that means your Mantle graded better than expected and is worth more money. I don't see where anything negative comes into play here.

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2022 1:59PM

You might consider grading the shoes! 🤣🤣 Agree with others, looks like Mantle is the only one worth grading.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭✭✭

Concur with everybody else. Mantle only and $30 level sounds right.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox