• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

Casey Stengel?

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2022 7:36PM

@LandrysFedora said:
    Casey Stengel?

You Got It Laundry List!....Casey Stengel....

I have a quote from him that tops that one.....

I was at a Dodger/Mets game.....long ago.....I was a teenager. Casey Stengel was sitting near by my seat. It just so happened that before the game a Dodger player threw a ball into a bunch of kids and I caught it. The Dodger was Ken Boyer. It was 1969. Anyway, there was an unoccupied seat next to Stengel......Jerry Koosman was the Mets pitcher.....So,......I went over and sat next to Stengel. I wanted him to autograph the ball....I sat next to him for awhile and then I asked him to autograph the ball........
    He said, "God Dammit kid get outta' here.....Can't you see I'm watching the game!"....... Oh Well, I tried.....

The thing that impressed me the most?......He looked like my Grandpa....... And he talked the same......Grandpa's favorite words were...GOD DAMMIT!......It's a Hydrant family tradition...... The other day little Hydrantette Jenny said,.....GOD DAMMIT!....And she's only four years old!

God Help Us All!.....😵

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:
    Casey Stengel?

Correct you are sir, great job!

• Options
    LandrysFedoraLandrysFedora Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@LandrysFedora said:
    Casey Stengel?

Thanks DD. I was looking at Stengel quotes for another thread a few days ago and thought this sounded like one of the ones I saw.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

@LandrysFedora said:
    Casey Stengel?

Thanks DD. I was looking at Stengel quotes for another thread a few days ago and thought this sounded like one of the ones I saw.

I was watching college football earlier and one of the announcers made a reference to the quote, I had forgotten about it. As for the meaning of the quote, I'm not sure but I think Stengal was referring to a team losing the game due to poor fundamentals, stupid mistakes, lack of effort and concentration, things of that nature. Brilliant quote!

• Options
    CCDollarCCDollar Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

@LandrysFedora said:

@doubledragon said:

@LandrysFedora said:
    Casey Stengel?

I was watching college football earlier and one of the announcers made a reference to the quote, I had forgotten about it. As for the meaning of the quote, I'm not sure but I think Stengal was referring to a team losing the game due to poor fundamentals, stupid mistakes, lack of effort and concentration, things of that nature. Brilliant quote!

I do believe this is in line with your Buffalo Bills post...

CC

Nickel Triumph...My Led Zepps