Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Anyone else collect utilizing PSA slab insert sheets ?

ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 12, 2022 11:08AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Having grown up in the 70's and 80's I collected like most of us sticking my unslabbed and ungraded cards in the thin 9 carded sheets ~ I can still remember the smell of the new plastic sheets in my many notebooks full of cards.....I have since gone back to my desire of a clean presentation in a notebook inserting up to 4 slabs per page...~ Voila.... Anyone else taken this route compared to the common brief cases and custom boxes so pervasive today?

Comments

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Incredible cards!

I do a combination, a few of my favorite projects are in binders while most are in graded card boxes.

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 14, 2022 5:21PM

Very sharp presentation for those stunning cards! I would like to see more of your collection...start turning the pages!!!

mint_only_pls
  • brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

That ‘63 Brock is a beauty!!!

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Beautiful collection and display!

That McDavid card... :open_mouth:

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is a fantastic collection. the Gwynn OPC is beautiful

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for posting more Gems...and so nicely displayed as well!

mint_only_pls
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for sharing! It is nice to see how others take pride in their collection.

As an aside, if you can smell an odor from plastic, that almost always means it was not archival. Polypropylene is an archival plastic material that is safe to use for cards, coins, stamps, and any collectible as it does not react with anything.

I keep my slabbed cards in boxes and pelican cases. I shuffle through them every now and then. However, the album organization is appealing in certain contexts. Having all my cards in an album would just overwhelm the limited space I have, but I suppose one album featuring my most prized and sentimental cards may be in order.

Where would we get such an album with the appropriate sheets?

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee

@DeutscherGeist ..

Bindertek is the name of the company that makes the high end binder that lasts a lifetime ~ 25~35 bucks for each 3 ring pronged unit......they come in many colors~ and I have them all~ its a very regal way to have your cards at your fingertips without having to finger thru custom leather boxes which are fantastic at storing gobs of cards but not great for presentation..... I have all the binder colors~ White, Green, Red, Blue, Black, Yellow etc... for each genre of my collection... I have a huge Aaron Judge RC collection so that is my biggest binder inch wise high so that I can store all my Judge variations..... In fact, I will share that binder in its total contents next week when I have the time.... I used to store my cards singularly in custom boxes but I no longer travel to shows with them and really just enjoy fingering the pages of one of my dozens of binders~ I sort some binders by player, decade and sport for example ... does it require more space in the binders vs. boxes? No question. It does..... its just that I have so much lifetime income invested and collected in my passion like you all that I have really appreciated the division and custom aspect of sharing my collection with friends and family similar to photo albums ...... its the best thing I have done to stimulate my passion in the last 2 years..... I am not a dealer so I don't set up at shows but I enjoy the setting up of the binder to show off cards I do not intend to sell..... It is a sense of healthy pride that I did not feel with custom boxes oddly enough.... oh ... well... I will share the Aaron Judge RC binder next week with each and every page so you can get a sense of how many cards you can fit into the differing size binders..... BTW, I have shared on this forum in the past many Aaron Judge RC's regularly so its cards you have seen... for sure.

• woodstock2woodstock2 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

Your collection is beautiful and this is such a great idea. Thanks for sharing! I think will give this a try. How many 4-pocket pages fit in the binder shown in your first picture?

• FirstBeardFirstBeard Posts: 460 ✭✭✭

I had never seen these pages for slabbed cards before. Super cool! Your collection is gorgeous.

• 82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thinking of doing this for one of my sets. It would require 17 sheets. Looking for advice on which Bindertek size would hold that amount. Thanks

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.

• pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭

I forgot what the original post was about. I was mentally distracted by the photos of all your amazing cards. I may have caught myself drooling on the keyboard too.

edited November 16, 2022 3:55PM

@82FootballWaxMemorys ........ you are going to have to get 2 binders for 17 sheets ..... a 5.5 inch binder is the biggest they make to my knowledge.....5.5 inches hold about 13-14 sheets .... FYI. I might recommend buying a couple 5 inch binders and cut it in half evenly.

@woodstock2 ........ The binder is a 4 inch binder and holds 8 sheets max...... 7 comfortably.

• dtmodeldtmodel Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

ScoobyDoo, great way to display some fantastic cards. I do have 1 maybe silly question... what holds the 4 cards in place from falling out the top? thanks in advance, Dave

edited November 18, 2022 2:54PM

@dtmodel .... I use any clear glue..... j.k. Slabs snap in... no problems... very tight... just like the labor market.

• dtmodeldtmodel Posts: 82 ✭✭✭

Thanks!

• GansetttimeGansetttime Posts: 219 ✭✭✭

Wow that's cool!

• brad31brad31 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the Dale Murphy collection.

• smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

I actually sell these slab holders. Please feel free to PM me for prices if interested!

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Here is the Judge Bindertek as promised .. it is a 5 inch binder and holds 12 sheets max ~ 11 comfortably..... I've taken exterior shots to show quality of the product....

I was able to cut down on cost of many of these Judge RC's due to his injuries and the prevailing narrative that he was going to be hobbled most of his career ... either way I was never going to stop collecting the King Kong of Gotham. Some of these cards were gotten for huge discounts needless to say.

~these last couple sheets fit the BGS slab so commingling is fine....

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those look great. Where can I get the slab sheets?

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

• bswhitenbswhiten Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

https://ultrapro.com/collections/slab-pages

They don't have the PSA Sports label on them like the original ones, but Ultrapro has brought back the original pages. They are fantastic imo.