Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

Genuine Says the Treasury. NFS

Randy Conway

Www.killermarbles.com

Www.suncitycoin.com

Comments

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like Phillis wanted official government authentication of her 1899 $1 SC Black Eagle. I love seeing stuff like this. Thanks for sharing.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats cool

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 12, 2022 9:50PM

I'm tempted to do something like that with the next odd bill I find. Ephemera like that letter is fun and can be worth a little money.

Certainly the value of that tattered note is higher with that letter.

Somewhere I have a WWII Japanese Invasion Money (JIM) banknote that I sent to the Japanese embassy years ago for redemption just to see what they'd do. I got the note back with a letter advising me that they had been redeemed after WWII and now only had collector value.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very cool indeed. 👍

• Glen2022Glen2022 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭✭

Try sending a well used $! silver certificate to the Treasury Dept. for conversion to silver and see what response you get

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in 2009 as a new collector, I was collecting from circulation. I was desperate to find a new star note. I found a beat up star and knew the BEP weeded out and destroyed worn notes so I sent it in requesting a new star note. Six months later, with over $13 in registered postage charges, the BEP returned my note with a letter explaining how it works. Learned my lesson…

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Back in 2009 as a new collector, I was collecting from circulation. I was desperate to find a new star note. I found a beat up star and knew the BEP weeded out and destroyed worn notes so I sent it in requesting a new star note. Six months later, with over $13 in registered postage charges, the BEP returned my note with a letter explaining how it works. Learned my lesson…

That's a keeper!