Home Sports Talk

Will Lebron break Kareem's record this season?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

He's currently averaging about 24 points a game I think, he would need what, 46 or 47 more games to break the record? What do you think, does anyone out there have any thoughts on this record being broken, does anyone care?

Comments

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,385 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, he did just come down with a groin injury yesterday. it will probably come down to his health.

I know his shooting has been terrible this season. only his rookie year has been worse. I dont know why he bothers to shoot 3s at all anymore. i think he is averaging about 23% on them.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds good to me, I'm satisfied, I'm just happy this thread actually got a response.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

He'll likely get the record this year when he could miss a good 20-30 games and still have plenty of time to break it. LA also runs their offense thru him so he can go get his points whenever he wants. His shooting percentages may be down but he'll just take more shots.

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭✭✭

he is definitely a quantity scorer

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Three responses on this thread, we exceeded expectations, LeBron is very happy!

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who cares?

If Kareem had joined the NBA straight out of high school like The King did, Kareem would have likely had an additional 7,000 to 8,000 points.

Instead of following The King (in his 20th season) and The Lakers (who look headed for another lottery bound season), I have been following the great start to the season that Steph Curry is personally having.

edited November 12, 2022 2:45PM

Exactly, no one really cares about this story, it's like my collection of catholic nun press photos, no one cares about it!

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SanctionII said:
    Who cares?

If Kareem had joined the NBA straight out of high school like The King did, Kareem would have likely had an additional 7,000 to 8,000 points.

Instead of following The King (in his 20th season) and The Lakers (who look headed for another lottery bound season), I have been following the great start to the season that Steph Curry is personally having.

GS needs to get it together already, they're struggling as a team with just a .417 win percentage while Steph has been practically carrying that team on his own. He's doing it all: scoring from everywhere, rebounding, setting teammates up but he's playing big minutes. For a team that will be looking to play late into the postseason they can't let their best player at his age put this type of wear & tear on his body this early in the season.

Its odd how so many of their young players look to have regressed over the offseason. It also makes you wonder if the Green-Poole incident affected the team team more than people think.