Btw...the weight is 33 grams and same diameter as a us dollar

• Options
    OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Novelty piece. Not a real coin

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you put a magnet to it? A token ready to be engraved. IMO. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Yes oldhoopster,kinda thought that as well..as the weight and several other thing didn't add up.
    Namvet69...non magnetic..almost certain it is silver...but again the weight...33 g...??
    Thank you both

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stevetreson One other thing to do is a specific gravity test. Use the Google to locate simple instructions. Pretty easy to confirm if silver and good to know. Suspend the item with thread. Good luck. Peace Roy
    Here's one I've used.
    http://www.johnbetts-fineminerals.com/jhbnyc/articles/specific_gravity.htm

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just looks like a generic metal round. Metal composition is hard to identify from the picture no Liberty, not real.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Take it to a jewlry store that uses an XRF machine to see the composition -

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"