Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Digital Album Bug?

messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

There seems to be a bug with the rendering of coin images in the digital album when using user-supplied (not TrueView) images. When setting an image in the album, one zooms and pans the image to fit the porthole properly. It seems that the more the source image is cropped while doing this, the blurrier the rendered thumbnail image in the album. Hovering over the thumbnail image shows the full source image not blurred. The size of the source image has no effect on the sharpness of the thumbnail image.

In tests, a composite source image of 1200x960 pixels (570 pixel diameter for each side of the coin) produced the same blurry thumbnail as a composite of 3800x3040 pixels (1800 pixel diameter for each side of the coin). If an 800x800 image containing an 800 pixel diameter image of one side of the coin was used, the thumbnail was sharper.

Anyone else notice this?

Comments

• Options
    fluffy155fluffy155 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 13, 2022 7:43PM

This has annoyed me for a long time, I assumed it was done intentionally to encourage TrueViews. Though in my albums it doesn't matter what the dimensions are, whether they are zoomed or not. They all look blurry.

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2022 10:45PM

Just do this and true views look the same as personal photos and you can include NGC coins too. You can also see the obverse and reverse next to each other, so better than a real album

Mr_Spud

• Options
    Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here’s the template if anyone is interested

Mr_Spud

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭

What annoys me is you can not delete a digital album once it's started.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.