Home Sports Talk

The Manning brothers on ESPN 2

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2, 2022 7:56AM in Sports Talk

So, as I decided to check out MNF, I came across this side show of the Manning brothers, Peyton and Eli on ESPN 2...I think it was ESPN 2, anyway... the game is on, and there they are in the left panel doing instant commentary on the play after play after play...ad nauseum. I found the regualr game on ESPN. They appeared to favor the Browns as they got excited when things kinda went their way, I thought "analysts" analyzed the game, not play favorites.

I have not a remote clue why the management of ESPN would think there would be of any benefit, other than ego stroking for these two to narrate every play, which must have gone on for most of, if not all the game. Peyton has a net worth of well over $200m, Eli close to $200m, obviously they don't need the cash. I thought they added absolutely ZERO to the game.

Comments if you saw them.

Comments

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,017 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah, this is the "alternate" broadcast. Just a much more laid back version of the flagship crew. I usually tune in for a quarter or so. I find it fun to listen to. just two brothers hanging out watching some football is the vibe they are going for.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the warning.