Home Sports Talk

Whatever.......

HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 31, 2022 6:34PM in Sports Talk

Coming home from the Rams/Niners game......

Some things are even better than football......

I thought you might like it......I did!...

Comments

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    You are right about some things being better than football. I'd even say that talking about football here is better than watching the game itself. Camaraderie and friendship, and family, etc all beat out football.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 28,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

    The Rams cost me $300

    They could've lose by less than 13?

    They are a Joke and Stafford is horrible

    No offense towards you Hydrant but I hate the Rams, they have cost me about $600 both times getting double digits points and both times they get blown out by the 49'ers, pathetic

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 6:51AM

    Perky, how could I possibly be angry at you? You're correct about everything you said about the Rams!....I will say this.....I suspect that Stafford has an elbow injury that is being covered up. He's only good for one long pass per game. I was very disappointed when they traded Goff for Stafford....... But......they won the Super Bowl. In the long run (now?) I think it will turn out to be a bad decision. The Rams have ZERO as far as a backup QB. Nothing.
    Other than that?......You're right......The Rams are a total disaster!..... Sorry about the $300. Win some lose some.

    To add; I really don't care. I had more fun at the game on Sunday than any game I've ever been to. Watching a slow motion train wreck is interesting..... Quite amusing actually!

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 28,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Hydrant said:
    Perky, how could I possibly be angry at you? You're correct about everything you said about the Rams!....I will say this.....I suspect that Stafford has an elbow injury that is being covered up. He's only good for one long pass per game. I was very disappointed when they traded Goff for Stafford....... But......they won the Super Bowl. In the long run (now?) I think it will turn out to be a bad decision. The Rams have ZERO as far as a backup QB. Nothing.
    Other than that?......You're right......The Rams are a total disaster!..... Sorry about the $300. Win some lose some.

    To add; I really don't care. I had more fun at the game on Sunday than any game I've ever been to. Watching a slow motion train wreck is interesting..... Quite amusing actually!

    Thanks buddy, and believe me I'm just angry that I lost but really them losing my double digit points is shameful with the talent they have on that team

  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Hydrant said:

    Some things are even better than football......

    yes

    cheerleaders

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 8:56AM

    @Hydrant said:

    I was very disappointed when they traded Goff for Stafford....... But......they won the Super Bowl. In the long run (now?) I think it will turn out to be a bad decision.

    ........
    To win just one SB is more than pretty tough, so I"d bet that a lot of Rams fans think it was worth it.

    Edited one word spelling

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 11:36AM

    Here's how I look at it......Last season, at this same point, Stafford was horrible......Just like now. He threw the game away early in the first quarter. Game over......Before it started. The Rams lost 3 games in a row.......Same thing this year as last year......He loses the game EARLY. Remember our old friend Keets who got banned last year????.....Keets was on to it and saw the same pattern from when Stafford was a Lion......Then, as the season progressed, Stafford got better, better, and better. .....So, maybe, Stafford needs to warm up.... First quarter=first 7 games of the saeson for him.....Who knows?....Either way, if he doesn't start showing something, real quick, it's over for the Rams......Third place finish in the division...... Thank God for the Cardinals...... Sorry Galixico, that's just the way it is.....😁

  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

    you're welcome in advance.................a live shot of the Cardinals and Rams

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 11:58AM

    @galaxy27 said:
    you're welcome in advance.................a live shot of the Cardinals and Rams

    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,376 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Up north in 49rs land the tenor of sports talk media coverage of the 49rs prior to Sunday's win against the Rams was doom and gloom since Game 1.

    The team stinks, the players are constantly injured and even when healthy they are just not very good, Shanahan is a lousy coach, Shanahan is an idiot trading 3 #! picks for Trey Lance, Shanahan is the reason Trey Lance became injured and is out for the season in Game 2 because he had him run the football, Lynch is a lousy GM, the offense stink, the defense stinks, special teams stink, Jimmy G is the worst QB Evaaaaa!!!!!!, etc., etc.

    Yesterday and today the 49rs are locks to win the Superbowl!!!!!

    Such it is in the wacky world of sports media.

    I do think that when SF acquired McCaffery from Carolina it improved the SF offense to where it can now be competitive (even if Jimmy G is the worst QB Evaaaa!!!).

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 2:01PM

    Sanctionll,.....The pregame talk coming from Niner fans was, "This is the Loser Bowl!"...... So funny.....Anyway, the Niner fans were great at the game....Happy, Happy, Happy!......security had to come down several times to deal with the Niner fans in my section.... Not because of violence...... But because they were so joyfully HAPPY! And wouldn't stop dancing in the asile!....It was a great day at the game!.......Go Jimmy G.!!!!!.....Great Day at the game.....Best Ever!!!

    Everyone had a great time.....Niner fans and Ram fans!....High fives all around!...... The California Brotherhood!!!!!......IT WAS A BLAST!!!!

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Hydrant said:
    Sanctionll,.....The pregame talk coming from Niner fans was, "This is the Loser Bowl!"...... So funny.....Anyway, the Niner fans were great at the game....Happy, Happy, Happy!......security had to come down several times to deal with the Niner fans in my section.... Not because of violence...... But because they were so joyfully HAPPY! And wouldn't stop dancing in the asile!....It was a great day at the game!.......Go Jimmy G.!!!!!.....Great Day at the game.....Best Ever!!!

    Everyone had a great time.....Niner fans and Ram fans!....High fives all around!...... The California Brotherhood!!!!!......IT WAS A BLAST!!!!

    ...
    This is the correct hat for you hydrant...

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Hydrant said:
    Here's how I look at it......Last season, at this same point, Stafford was horrible......Just like now. He threw the game away early in the first quarter. Game over......Before it started. The Rams lost 3 games in a row.......Same thing this year as last year......He loses the game EARLY. Remember our old friend Keets who got banned last year????.....Keets was on to it and saw the same pattern from when Stafford was a Lion......Then, as the season progressed, Stafford got better, better, and better. .....So, maybe, Stafford needs to warm up.... First quarter=first 7 games of the saeson for him.....Who knows?....Either way, if he doesn't start showing something, real quick, it's over for the Rams......Third place finish in the division...... Thank God for the Cardinals...... Sorry Galixico, that's just the way it is.....😁

    Keets. Holy cow. I hadnt realized Keets was gone. do you remember what happened that caused the ban?

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 4:51PM

    @craig44 said:

    Keets. Holy cow. I hadnt realized Keets was gone. do you remember what happened that caused the ban?

    I think I do.....Keets was a very confrontational guy......An Old Timer on the coin forum and here.....Way Back.....He used to rag on me all the time....But, I liked the guy.....Anyway, He is a Browns fan.....Went to the games with his Dad since he was a kid....So, last season, he got into it over the Browns on a Monday night..... Furstration!.....Pure and simple......We were posting PM's back and forth about that Monday Night Browns game.....I told him to Cool It.......Whatever,....... He kept escalating things......Next day,...he was gone. I miss the guy.....He was a jerk at times but who isn't...... I know I am.....I miss him.....

    __

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Hydrant said:

    @craig44 said:

    Keets. Holy cow. I hadnt realized Keets was gone. do you remember what happened that caused the ban?

    I think I do.....Keets was a very confrontational guy......An Old Timer on the coin forum and here.....Way Back.....He used to rag on me all the time....But, I liked the guy.....Anyway, He is a Browns fan.....Went to the games with his Dad since he was a kid....So, last season, he got into it over the Browns on a Monday night..... Furstration!.....Pure and simple......We were posting PM's back and forth about that Monday Night Browns game.....I told him to Cool It.......Whatever,....... He kept escalating things......Next day,...he was gone. I miss the guy.....He was a jerk at times but who isn't...... I know I am.....I miss him.....

    __

    ...
    I'm just quoting you in case you edit that. It's a good read and I feel it's only fair that the rest of our brethren get a peak.

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 6:38PM

    You're too much Showboat!....... I love you Brother! Just take my advice and stop over thinking things!!!!.....It's not good for your brain!!
    THINK THIS!!!!

    Ahaaa....

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Love you too brother @hydrant 🙏❤️🏈🎸

  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 1, 2022 6:54PM

    I'm cracking up.......by the way.......in your previous post you wrote "PEAK."...... But the correct word is..." PEEK."...I forgive you......For Now......

    PEAK.......

    PEEK .......

    Got It?.....

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Hydrant said:
    I'm cracking up.......by the way.......in your previous post you wrote "PEAK."...... But the correct word is..." PEEK."...I forgive you......For Now......

    PEAK.......

    PEEK .......

    Got It?.....

    ...
    I am a man of ideas, but not a man of perfection. I appreciate your correction. I will not edit my post...for the sake of posterity.

  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I forgot about Keets. He ragged on me because I thought Mayfield was a bust at #1 and he was defending him. He definitely was a passionate Browns fan.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

    its so strange how someone can be such a familiar name around here and then when they drop off/get banned you kind of forget about them after some time.

    I do think it is a shame when longtime posters get banned. I understand sometimes it has to happen, but it still stinks.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:
    its so strange how someone can be such a familiar name around here and then when they drop off/get banned you kind of forget about them after some time.

    I do think it is a shame when longtime posters get banned. I understand sometimes it has to happen, but it still stinks.

    It would be great to see what Dimeman and SteveK would have to say to each other this year. It could be a thread all to themselves.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 28,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @2dueces said:
    I forgot about Keets. He ragged on me because I thought Mayfield was a bust at #1 and he was defending him. He definitely was a passionate Browns fan.

    I bumped heads with him a few times but it never bothered me too much, the only thing I will say that to this day that perplexes me still is he adamantly swore up and down that Jim Brown had the same if not better moves than Barry Sanders, I had no issue with him saying Brown was better but that comment was too much.

    I mean I talked with several people who actually saw Brown play and even though they said he was the best the absolutely disagreed that he had better moves than Sanders.

    But yes @stevek and @DIMEMAN are sorely missed

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:

    @2dueces said:
    I forgot about Keets. He ragged on me because I thought Mayfield was a bust at #1 and he was defending him. He definitely was a passionate Browns fan.

    I bumped heads with him a few times but it never bothered me too much, the only thing I will say that to this day that perplexes me still is he adamantly swore up and down that Jim Brown had the same if not better moves than Barry Sanders, I had no issue with him saying Brown was better but that comment was too much.

    I mean I talked with several people who actually saw Brown play and even though they said he was the best the absolutely disagreed that he had better moves than Sanders.

    But yes @stevek and @DIMEMAN are sorely missed

    I would be on the side that agrees that Brown was more dominant vs his peers than Sanders was vs. his.

    Any old black and white video I ever saw of Brown running, he was more of a Derek Henry bull runner than a graceful runner like sanders. Sanders could break ankles for sure. best moves I ever saw.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I also wish stevek and DIMEMAN were back amongst us. I can t imagine how pumped stevek is this season.

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 28,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:

    @perkdog said:

    @2dueces said:
    I forgot about Keets. He ragged on me because I thought Mayfield was a bust at #1 and he was defending him. He definitely was a passionate Browns fan.

    I bumped heads with him a few times but it never bothered me too much, the only thing I will say that to this day that perplexes me still is he adamantly swore up and down that Jim Brown had the same if not better moves than Barry Sanders, I had no issue with him saying Brown was better but that comment was too much.

    I mean I talked with several people who actually saw Brown play and even though they said he was the best the absolutely disagreed that he had better moves than Sanders.

    But yes @stevek and @DIMEMAN are sorely missed

    I would be on the side that agrees that Brown was more dominant vs his peers than Sanders was vs. his.

    Any old black and white video I ever saw of Brown running, he was more of a Derek Henry bull runner than a graceful runner like sanders. Sanders could break ankles for sure. best moves I ever saw.

    And that's fine, at least your logical about it

  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:

    This is the correct hat for you hydrant...

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭✭✭

    To add, Sanders is by far my favorite RB. He was so much fun to watch. I wish he could have played behind Dallas' OL

    George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Sign In or Register to comment.