Home Sports Talk
Options

the official 2022 Minnesota Vikings season-long roller coaster thread started by a Bears fan

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 20, 2022 6:29PM in Sports Talk

no Vikes talk? 5-1?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

My next door neighbors are INSANE Vikings fans, they have been in a great mood all season lol

They dont leave the house during game time

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    no Vikes talk? 5-1?

I picked them to win their division before the season started. The team is loaded with talent. The only if factor is their QB. But this team has way, way more talent than the Packers. Do I even have to mention the Bears of Lions?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

How can anyone talk about Minnesota when they're busy wetting their pants about Green Bay?? I figure if the Vikes keep it up we'll be hearing from Joe in short order.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

If things go downhill from here for them, we will have to consider this thread the jinx that did it. Remember this!!

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am enjoying their season so far, but other than the win over the Packers, they haven't looked consistently good.

The difference between last year and this is they are getting a lot of luck (and some turnovers), so those close games are going our way.

I have actually seen a pocket for Cousins a few times this year. Certainly a good sign that the O line is getting better.

The defense is giving up a TON of yards, but have drastically improved as far as giving up points.

The Philadelphia game was a but whipping. Games like that keep me from getting too excited.

Nice to see the Packers struggling!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

If things go downhill from here for them, we will have to consider this thread the jinx that did it. Remember this!!

well, it ain't starting this weekend cuz that little pipsqueak is rolling into town

B)

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@thisistheshow said:

well, it ain't starting this weekend cuz that little pipsqueak is rolling into town

B)

Double Jinx

• Options

Thanks a lot.😁

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2022 9:54AM

I've always thought that the Vikings have the best looking Cheerleaders...... Maybe the cold air in that part of the country has something to do with the overall high quality of the female population there......

Whatever the reason is......Viking girls are Hot!

• Options

Another strange win today.

Murray throws two horrible interceptions and they muff a punt. I think the Vikings got half their points after turnovers.

Thankfully we got Smith from the Packers.

I'm wondering if they can give the Bills a contest in two weeks.

Nice to see the Packers lose AGAIN.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

It's because we're waiting for the huge letdown. Although I do miss the days working in the office with Packer fans - this would be a great year

• Options

Nice trade by the Vikings picking up Detroit's tight end.

The Irv Smith Jr injury fiasco is over.

Some guys just can't get, or stay, on the field.

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

Right? The guy looked like he had the tools but not nearly consistent enough,

• Options

@VikingDude said:

@JoeBanzai said:

Right? The guy looked like he had the tools but not nearly consistent enough,

He was consistently injured.

• Options

I am very happily surprised at the Vikings record, but I have never seen so many pass rushers run through the middle of an offensive line completely untouched. I don't mean blitzing linebackers, defensive tackles simply running past guys right in front of them that don't even attempt blocking them.

Not sure if it's the players, coaching or a little bit of both.

If they can keep Cousins from getting killed, they should make the playoffs........then he'll get destroyed.

• Options

I'm hearing Keenan might start for the Bills this Sunday, that would be great for the media. Revenge game for Case!

The Vikings do have a couple of good pass rushers in Smith and Hunter, it might be wise to let Allen heal completely before bringing him back.

The Bills are looking like a favorite to make the SB, if Allen gets badly injured this week, that hurts their chances.

Keenum is a better than average back up and beating the Vikes with your second string guy also proves a point.

That being said, I expect Allen to start.

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

do you miss zimmer?

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

@Alfonz24 said:
    do you miss zimmer?

Yes.

I think Spielman screwed him not expecting to get fired, so they both had to go.

Acquiring Smith and a healthy Hunter has been the big difference.

• Options

Game's not over, but I am going to be happy either way!

SKOAL VIKINGS!

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats banzai,
    Jefferson was amazing,
    Best receiver in the game

• Options

@Darin said:
    Congrats banzai,
    Jefferson was amazing,
    Best receiver in the game

Thanks!

I texted to a buddy of mine during game; "Thank you Stephon Diggs for wanting out of Minnesota!". Diggs made some great catches as well, but Jefferson's was unbelievable!

That had to be the craziest, most exciting game so far this year!

• Options

@JoeBanzai said:

That had to be the craziest, most exciting game so far this year!

>
    The last qtr (and OT) was just plain crazy. This is definitely a different team compared to other years, but the historical Vikings fan in me wonders when the huge disappoint will come

• Options

Ouch!

• Options

That's better!

• Options

I get a lump in my throat when I have to cheer for the Packers

• Options

I usually don't know or care who the "Pack" is playing, unless it's the Vikings.

I'm hoping the Vikes are good enough to win without anyone's help.

Sadly, I am still waiting 😩.

• Options

Agreed - still waiting for the "breakout" game where everything clicks on all cylinders and we're up by a couple of TDs at the end

• Options

I just don't see them going very far in the playoffs.

If they get behind against a team with a good pass rush, the offensive line will crumble and Cousins will get killed.

Left Tackle Darrisaw is now having concussion issues, he will need to be completely healthy for the post season.

It's also obvious that if the defense doesn't come up with big plays, they are below average. Good teams don't let you make a lot of big plays.

Vikings have made some interceptions that playoff quarterbacks won't be throwing.

Seeing the Packers suck is a nice added bonus this year.

Go Vikings!

• Options

This team is going to give me a heart attack!

• Options

They just seem to find a way...

• Options

Can clinch division next game at home against the second place Lions.

Probably go down to the final play.

• Options

My neighbors are HUGE Vikings fans and it was the husband's birthday and I figured Banzai would like the cake

• Options

^Beautiful.😋

• Options

Great looking cake!

• Options

@VikingDude said:
    Great looking cake!

Sorry I forgot to mention you as well!

• Options

Vikings should be celebrating a division championship later today!
    Go Vikes!

• Options

BIGGEST COMEBACK IN NFL HISTORY!!!!!
    I'll be honest, I turned the game off before halftime, but I'm glad I turned it back on before the 4th Qtr.

• Options

I would like someone to explain to me about our defense recovering the 2 fumbles but not being able to advance them.

• Options

Never in doubt 😂

• Options

@VikingDude said:
    I would like someone to explain to me about our defense recovering the 2 fumbles but not being able to advance them.

It's called inept officiating.

• Options

It also would seem that the NFL is actually ENCOURAGING helmet to helmet hits.
    You hit the other teams best player in the head, he has to go out of the game for at least one play (and possibly the rest of the game, or more) and all you get is a 15 yard penalty.
    I'll never understand why any league allows their best players to be targeted.
    Guys need to be ejected and suspended!

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

A great Viking seen here.

• Options

Congratulations to you Vikings guys, that was an EPIC comeback, really amazing

Funny but not funny story here

Me and my buddy were watching it downstairs while my girl was upstairs cooking, mind you my buddy stood to win $600 if the Vikings came back, right before Cook had his long TD and the following 2 point conversation to tie it my TV went into reset mode, I stormed upstairs to see what was going on and my girlfriend stated that a reset option popped up on the kitchen TV and she hit the ok button!

She reset every cable box in the house! It was pandemonium for about 10 minutes, she was NOT happy with my outbursts.

Order was eventually restored but we missed the Cook TD and 2 point conversion.

It was not pretty lol

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Congratulations to you Vikings guys, that was an EPIC comeback, really amazing

Funny but not funny story here

Me and my buddy were watching it downstairs while my girl was upstairs cooking, mind you my buddy stood to win $600 if the Vikings came back, right before Cook had his long TD and the following 2 point conversation to tie it my TV went into reset mode, I stormed upstairs to see what was going on and my girlfriend stated that a reset option popped up on the kitchen TV and she hit the ok button!

She reset every cable box in the house! It was pandemonium for about 10 minutes, she was NOT happy with my outbursts.

Order was eventually restored but we missed the Cook TD and 2 point conversion.

It was not pretty lol

>
    This is what happened to me. Look at the lower left on the screen. Waited a few minutes hoping it would reload. I have yet to see the kick.

• Options

Friends of our were at the game - he said it was a pretty crappy feeling at halftime. But he's glad they stayed. A friend of my son was also there; their family decided to not stay... That is a pretty tough decision because you've already paid to be there, already planned to be there for a Saturday game and you'd have to drive all the way back to Fargo anyway.

• Options

@VikingDude said:
    Friends of our were at the game - he said it was a pretty crappy feeling at halftime. But he's glad they stayed. A friend of my son was also there; their family decided to not stay... That is a pretty tough decision because you've already paid to be there, already planned to be there for a Saturday game and you'd have to drive all the way back to Fargo anyway.

This makes me think of all of the people who left early, were in the car due to traffic or whatever, and heard what was happening on the radio. I'm sure there are a lot of wild stories out there.

• Options

@VikingDude said:
    BIGGEST COMEBACK IN NFL HISTORY!!!!!
    I'll be honest, I turned the game off before halftime, but I'm glad I turned it back on before the 4th Qtr.

I was sickened by the first half and was considering turning it off. I was so stiff and sore from shovelling, I didn't have the energy, so I continued to watch.

• Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Goldenage said:

Carl Eller! I had his (replica) jersey as a kid.

Daniel
  • Options

@BaltimoreYankee said:

@Goldenage said:

Carl Eller! I had his (replica) jersey as a kid.

A superb football player!

The "Moose".