Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Currency grading turn around time?

Anyone know what the current turn around time is for economy currency grading. I have a buddy who submitted a group of notes over 2 months ago but no grades yet. He has reached out to PCGS regarding his submission but has not received a response.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Comments

• Options
    Serial_no_8Serial_no_8 Posts: 424 ✭✭✭

My economy bulk lot took PMG nearly 3 months so that sounds about right. I didn't reach out b/c I knew it would take a while & then that hurricane hit Sarasota, etc. PMG showed me the steps they were at after I logged into my account. It can be fairly slow for bulk/economy (Just the final steps of QC was 2-3 weeks). I know they're not PCGS but I would expect them to be similar in their processing times. A CDN service (BCS) was just as long.

I wouldn't panic (as I'm sure they're close to completing his order). When they ship its pretty fast (usually).

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    Stingray63Stingray63 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

Curious to know too on the PCGS timeframe. I have a friend who may be sending coins in and will allow me to piggyback.

Pocket Change Inspector

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2023 5:41AM

PMG takes forever!
    I have two submissions confirmed received March 29, 2023 that have not been graded yet.
    That is over 3 months of stagnation
    No Bueno

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 11, 2023 5:42AM

@synchr said:
    PMG takes forever!
    I have two submissions confirmed received March 29, 2023 that have not been graded yet.
    That is over 3 months of stagnation
    No Bueno

No sooner do I mention that and they exit grading and just under 200 notes are on there way back to me.
    Apologies on jumping the gun