Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

psa 10?

Am I seeing things or is there an obvious diamond cut on this card.

68 million cert number.

Comments

• Options
    Jayman1982Jayman1982 Posts: 464 ✭✭✭

That's just horrible, from it being skewed, not T/B centered, ink stained top left, and also what looks to be possible touches to both top corners....

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

that is pretty bad. I can't tell if it is diamond cut or if the card itself was cut out of square. I had some 74's that were actually cut at a slant. like a parallelogram.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    azvikeazvike Posts: 355 ✭✭✭

That might be the worst 10 I have seen...

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    that is pretty bad. I can't tell if it is diamond cut or if the card itself was cut out of square. I had some 74's that were actually cut at a slant. like a parallelogram.

A Diamond cut is when the card itself isn’t cut square, like a parallelogram like you described. If the card is cut square but the photo is slanted, that’s called “tilt.” People often say Diamond cut when they mean tilt.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

Thanks for that distinction - that makes sense. There's been so much talk about how PSA standards have gotten tougher, but seems to me that these recent cards > 63 million cert have many outliers like these.

• Options

@vigo2025 said:
    Thanks for that distinction - that makes sense. There's been so much talk about how PSA standards have gotten tougher, but seems to me that these recent cards > 63 million cert have many outliers like these.

Obviously a grossly overgraded card there. Don’t know what happened. Perhaps a data entry error? That’s happened before. Either way it’s crazy.

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options
    firstbase23firstbase23 Posts: 448 ✭✭✭

I don't think it is diamond cut. It has some tilt and I think that the card is slightly askew in the holder. Not a very good example of a 10 none the less.

Matt

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

maybe a 9, but more like an 8.5. top to bottom centering seems too off for a 10.

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭✭

Look who is selling it
    question answered

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options

@jay0791 said:
    Look who is selling it
    question answered

The time old conspiracy theory has been that 4SC gets unfairly favorable grades on their subs. But isn’t this card a consignment? If so, are you implying that their consignors also get preferential treatment? That seems far fetched.

Yaz Master Set

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a 1965 Joe Morgan RC PSA-8.5 from 4 Sharp Corners…sent to PSA for review and it bumped to a PSA-9. So…4 Sharp Corners do not always receive top grade from PSA.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 27, 2022 4:46PM

i've never understood why instinctive aesthetics, or lack thereof, don't carry more weight with PSA. show that eyesore to 100 collectors and you'd have a consensus view in the blink of an eye, yet a blazer with an inconspicuous pinhole sends a card spiraling into the abyss every time

i refuse to get on board with that line of thinking

• Options
    secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 28, 2022 7:23PM

@azvike said:
    That might be the worst 10 I have seen...

Surprised you haven't seen any of the other 4 "Sharp Corners" off tilt BS they get passed by PSA countless times. Its almost as if PSA grades their cards with an eye patch...

@DBesse27 said:

@jay0791 said:
    Look who is selling it
    question answered

The time old conspiracy theory has been that 4SC gets unfairly favorable grades on their subs. But isn’t this card a consignment? If so, are you implying that their consignors also get preferential treatment? That seems far fetched.

-signed by fact checkers...

• Options

Whenever I see someone pointing out horribly tilted 10s I can’t help but think of this card. This has nothing to do with 4sharp, current grading consistency or pretty much any other conspiracy that social media wants to create.

• Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes…not to mention the giant fisheye above quarterback.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t think 4SC has ever gotten preferential treatment. They just aren’t very discerning in their submissions so a lot of “bad eye appeal” cards get sent in.

I have also gotten many beauties from them over the years though….some examples below.