Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Stealing Blasters in Valparaiso, IN Meijer

Valparaiso Police are investigating a theft at Meijer, located at 405 Porters Vale Boulevard, that occurred on October 22, 2022. The male subjects in the photographs selected multiple packages of trading cards, removed the cards from their packaging, and concealed them in their clothing. The subjects did not pay for the concealed merchandise and ignored an employee who attempted to speak with them while they were exiting. Both males entered the pictured black Ford Mustang and left the area.

Comments

• Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

So this is the new scheme? Now I know why my Walmart had an empty Heritage blaster box on the shelf. And they had 3 shelves of NBA, NFL and WNBA blasters they did not touch.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭✭

Losers!

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:
    So this is the new scheme? Now I know why my Walmart had an empty Heritage blaster box on the shelf. And they had 3 shelves of NBA, NFL and WNBA blasters they did not touch.

This is an old scheme... they used to buy the box, go home and carefully cut open the cellophane and re-tape it sealed, then return the boxes filled with bogus packs (think GI-Joe). This is why most stores no longer accept returns on cards, and some even keep them locked up (like Target) in the electronics departments.

The masks... LOL #NoFaceNoCase

• 1948_Swell_Robinson1948_Swell_Robinson Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭

@Alfonz24 said:

Its becoming a major problem now and not just for cards. New laws are making it easier to occur.

(https://nypost.com/2022/08/03/career-criminals-rack-up-nearly-500-arrests-since-ny-bail-reform-began/)

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can stand a lot, but I just cannot stand thieves.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

So much photographic/video evidence and they were not detained?

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • GilRGilR Posts: 147 ✭✭✭

Here's a related question. I recently saw a few minutes of a YouTube pack-opening video devoted to Meijer-exclusive Topps packs and the guy said that people are able to search the packs at the store looking for the good purple parallel cards. I don't see how that's possible: these are blister packs, so how can someone see the purple cards that are behind the foil-wrapped pack? It certainly gave me pause about buying such packs in the future. (Though since Meijer overprices its packs compared to some other sources that would be more of an occasional impulse buy of one pack while wandering past that aisle than a large batch.)

• Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭

Probably 50 or more people know these guys and they won't even get in trouble. Police are not concerned with blaster packs in department stores. I know someone who does security and says there is not much that they can do in most instances. He is not simply a worker bee also. He organizes teams that go to various locations etc. He has an extensive law enforcement background. In most instances security can not even lay a hand on any of these scumbags. Owning any type of store is dangerous in this world we now live in.

• BBBrkrrBBBrkrr Posts: 934 ✭✭✭✭✭

These idiots drove their own car to their criming? Nice of them to make it easy to get caught.

Now if only someone in authority will track them down...

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 645 ✭✭✭✭

These guys needed product for their Whatnot show. lol