Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL refs under investigation for getting autograph

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

A pair of NFL referees are being investigated for allegedly asking Mike Evans for an autograph after the Bucs game, I didn't know that was forbidden, here's the video.

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I had to guess, he has a kid or nephew who is a fan.....

• Options

The refs should know that in today's world somone is always filming your every move, here's another angle to this incident.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2022 11:07AM

that clip is very interesting on several counts

let me preface my thoughts by saying that as someone who watched that game, i'm here to tell you that just short of climbing the scoreboard and manually changing the numbers, those refs couldn't have rigged the outcome in favor of Tampa if they had tried

now for my observations. first off, i'm surprised Evans didn't drop the sharpie. then we have the huevos of those refs to do what they did......in front of a number of people......asking a guy who just lost 21-3 as a 13-point favorite and botched the easiest touchdown of his life during the game....... and Evans' incredible willingness to stop on a dime and sign for a couple of refs like he had done that 1,000 times before......no "f you"........no "i can't do that".........if all of that doesn't make you go hmmmm, nothing will

with all of that said, cue up Sinatra....

it had really sucks to be you

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2022 2:22PM

Non issue in my opinion

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2022 12:09PM

It's official @galaxy27 is giving my buddy @doubledragon a run for hilarious posting

You guys both rock!

• Options

Yes, and I have to start getting the standings ready for the picks contest ready tonight, I can't wait to see how far I dropped this week!

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

Media wrong AGAIN.
    NFL says referees didn't ask Mike Evans for autograph, but were talking golf lessons.
    Evans' explanation matched up with NFL Network's.

"I wasn't signing my autograph, I'll tell you that," Evans told reporters on Tuesday. "I talk to a lot of officials, we're all human beings. He's a nice guy, so we was talking about golf. That's all we was talking about."

one of the officials who approached Evans, went to Texas A&M, like Evans, and wanted his phone number to give to a golf professional so Evans could receive lessons. Lamberth didn't have a card for Evans to write on, so he borrowed one from Tripp Sutter, the other referee in the video.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Mon issue in my opinion

Agree it's a non-issue BUT the look is bad.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2022 10:33AM

autograph or no autograph, the optics did not look good and i'm sure the league is going to speak to those refs about giving off even a hint of impropriety. it had a very unnatural look to it. the Bucs just got curb stomped by an inferior team and two referees are chasing down Evans like they are 5-year-olds wanting his John Hancock. honestly i'm surprised he didn't bite their heads off if that was truly about golf lessons............that's the absolute last thing i would have cared about at that point in time if i had been him

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

yet there are betting ads all over the place.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

bad optics

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.