Home Sports Talk
Options

New York Swept

Maybe they need to start letting the average Joe back into their ballpark for < $100 again.

Comments

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don’t sign Judge. He had one good year, odds are he’ll be his usual injured self going forward.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

The end last night was a sad commentary on the New York fans: bottom of the 9th in a one run game and Aaron Judge comes to the plate with the majority of the fans sitting in their seats!! Then when the game ends there's a smattering of boos as the fans unceremoniously file out.

In any other city the fans would be on their feet hollering themselves hoarse, followed by a standing ovation in appreciation for a good season. Not Yankee fans. :s

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood said:
    The end last night was a sad commentary on the New York fans: bottom of the 9th in a one run game and Aaron Judge comes to the plate with the majority of the fans sitting in their seats!! Then when the game ends there's a smattering of boos as the fans unceremoniously file out.

In any other city the fans would be on their feet hollering themselves hoarse, followed by a standing ovation in appreciation for a good season. Not Yankee fans. :s

IMO, so typical of Yankee fans, totally incapable of accepting defeat and acting like the majority of other sports fans, who appreciate their team's efforts even though they fell short. I wouldn't be surprised to see Judge in another uniform next year.
    No doubt a stinger for most, and I hope it stung good!!

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing like watching the Yankees dominate all season and their fand believing they would do the same in the Post Season lol

Have another meaningless awesome season NY lol

• Options
    tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭

Where will Judge end up for next season?
    He obviously is not welcome in NY!

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Where will Judge end up for next season?
    He obviously is not welcome in NY!

I would love to see Colorado. Think how far some of his homers would go.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options

That would be quite a sight to see him bat there!

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the late 80's early 90's the Indians had a AAA team in Colorado. They would promote players who'd be hitting like Babe Ruth only to watch them hit like Pee Wee Reese down at sea level. :p

• Options

Hitting homers in half your at bats leaves you at 81 for the year.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tommyrusty7 said:
    Hitting homers in half your at bats leaves you at 81 for the year.

That's half your games, not at bats.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

Either way works.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't say dominating all season. they had an excellent start to the first 100 games and then the wheels wobbled. the Yankees had magic early on. hits and runs for comeback wins. didn't they go 3-19 at some point later? the highlight was judge all season. I didn't expect a sweep but they were more vulnerable at the end than their year on record indicated. with the way it started I thought 100 win year no problem, but they couldn't do that and it showed in the post-season

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only team in mlb history to lose five straight ALCS series.