Home Sports Talk
Options

NFL Sidelines

VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how many people are on the sidelines of an average NFL game? Just curious who gets that privilege besides:
Players
Coaches
Trainers
Chain Gang
Cheerleaders
Security
Owners
Media
Equipment personnel

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,598 ✭✭✭✭✭

That about covers it, maybe water boys/girls also?

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 22, 2022 8:05AM

I'm one of those weird people (but you already knew that) who has a manic obsession with counting things......like those reflector posts along the road, number of lanes on the freeway, port-a-potty units in the stadium parking lot, birds flying through the air, Little Hydrants playing in the back yard, squirrels that I've blasted (I'm up to 86 so far this year), Rattlesnakes that I've terminated (so far 9 this year), number of buffalo wings and cheeseburgers and French fries flying through the air on those ridiculous T.V. commercials, pepperoni on a pizza slice, etc., you know, the important things...... So naturally I was curious about the number of people standing on the sidelines at SoFi Stadium...... I got up to 386 but I gave up counting because they wouldn't stand still long enough for an accurate count.....Very frustrating......

And about those "water girls."....... You know, the ones who run out onto the field with those stupid squirt bottles with the long stem attached?.....I don't think there's anything quite as ridiculous as watching some girl reach up above her head to squirt a mysterious liquid into the mouth of a 250 lb. 6ft. 8in. grown man linebacker. If I was a player I wouldn't stand for it. I'm not a baby....When I'm thirsty I get my drink all by myself.... Give me a break!!...... Whatever happened to those little Dixie Cups and Gatorade jugs?....To much litter I suppose......Anyway, the Rams have somewhere between 6 to 8 of those mobile human liquid refresher units......I refer to them as MHLRU's .......I know because I counted them....It's what I do.....HELP!

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭

Was that 386 just on one side?

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 29, 2022 1:36PM

there is one person on the sideline just to signal a TV timeout.

noticeable through the large fluorescent orange gloves worn.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@VikingDude said:

VikingDude,....I waited to respond to you. Actually, I just made the number up out of thin air.....386 sounded good......So yesterday, I went to the Rams/Niners game and I did a sidelines head count for real......just for you!......IT WAS SO INTERESTING!....
    I counted the people on the Rams and Forty Niners sidelines MANY times during the game......AND.....The people in the end zone area......ANSWER?......100 people on each sideline excluding players and coaches. 20 people along the end zones. As The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ said after the game, "Makes perfect sense. They they give out sideline passes."....... Makes perfect sense!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@VikingDude said:

VikingDude,....I waited to respond to you. Actually, I just made the number up out of thin air.....386 sounded good......So yesterday, I went to the Rams/Niners game and I did a sidelines head count for real......just for you!......IT WAS SO INTERESTING!....
    I counted the people on the Rams and Forty Niners sidelines MANY times during the game......AND.....The people in the end zone area......ANSWER?......100 people on each sideline excluding players and coaches. 20 people along the end zones. As The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ said after the game, "Makes perfect sense. They they give out sideline passes."....... Makes perfect sense!

If 386 wasn't the truth, what other lies have you told? 👀🤷😂

• Options
    edited October 31, 2022 8:27PM

@thisistheshow said:
    If 386 wasn't the truth, what other lies have you told? 👀🤷

You're the Master Sleuth, Showboat.....Figure it out yourself.....
    SHERLOCK....

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    edited October 31, 2022 8:40PM

Clue.....another Hydrant lie.....actually, the number of people that I counted behind the end zones varied between 16 and 23.....because the cops kept moving in and out of the tunnel!...So, I just rounded off the number to 20......Yikes!.....It's off to the Slammer!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alright @Hydrant I'll let you off with a warning...this time...