Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency
Options

1896 $1 education SN #32 gift to Mrs. Cleveland

MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 25, 2022 6:12PM in Buy, Sell & Trade - Currency

1896 $1 Educational note serial number 32 with an envelope addressed to Mrs. Cleveland dated July 23, 1896 #32. This note was a gift from mint director Daniel Morgan to First Lady Mrs. Cleveland for her 32nd birthday on July 21 (hence SN #32). Just a few years ago this set was united with a note from Grover Cleveland to Daniel Morgan regarding this gift. The letter reads “My dear sir on behalf of Mrs Cleveland and myself I do wish to thank you for the silver certificate you kindly sent us. They are certainly beautiful specimens of engraving art. Yours very truly Grover Cleveland”. The envelope and letter were submitted to PMG along with the note and the holder notates the pedigree “Treasury department gift to Mrs. Frances Cleveland”. SOLD

Comments

• Options
    Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭

Terrific piece. Fit for a museum.

Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sold