Home Sports Talk

Mac says he is ready to play Monday night

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

But...Are the Patriots ready for him to play?

what do you think, Mac or Zappe?

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

Comments

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

i said it in the other thread and i'll say it here: don't do it, BB. the only way you give Chicago a puncher's chance is if you toss a rusty Mac into the game and he throws two or three passes to the Bears.

they are my crappy team, trust me on this one

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

He might hold Mac out one more week, but then he has to have a chance. It's his job to keep if he plays well, but also his job to lose.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

I saw this one coming. Hopefully BB lets him sit another week when there's no reason to rush him back out there. Zappe has played great and the team has won b2b games so I'd say just let it ride.

• Steven59Steven59 Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Start Zappe then bring in Mac if things arent going the Patriots way.

"When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm all for keeping Zappe as the starter, well past the Bears game

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mac will play to shake the rust off.
    Zappe played the hapless Lions and Browns while leading in 6 of 8 quarters when play action is successful just like it was for Mac last year. He hasn’t been tested.
    All this is talk show fodder. I’d like to see how he holds up when down 8 and Von Miller breathing down his neck.

Mac plays in a cake walk preparing for Next week.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, Mac played, for a quarter. looked rusty/bad.

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

He is going to get a steady diet of Csmp Belichick now

• MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 25, 2022 9:47AM

Wasn't Mac Jones the solution endorsed by Patriot boosters here last season?? That bloom sure faded fast. Judging only by the way the game ended last night it seems that Zappe isn't the savior for Belichick either. It's a hard choice going forward and Belichick has unwittingly brought about a QB controversy.

It makes me think of what's going on in Pittsburgh and the switch from Trubisky to Picket: sort of like changing seats on the Titanic!! In both Pittsburgh and New England the fault isn't with the QB, the teams just don't have a lot of supporting talent