Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Cracking TAG 10 Cards

Since TAG's card grading is all A.I.-based, and you can get a "report card" with each card that shows any issues, I wonder how many people are going to be cracking out the TAG 10's and submitting them elsewhere (assuming the secondary market value for the TAG cards is a good deal lower than cards graded by the stalwarts)? I mean, if multiple close up images cannot detect any issue, I would assume that one should get a 10 from any other company in the majority of the cases. I'm still trying to figure out the best search in EBAY to isolate cards graded by TAG, as the word tag brings up all kinds of false hits, even when searching for TAG 10. They probably could have chosen a better acronym, but no chance they thought of how their cards would be found in various search engines, etc.

Comments

• Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,569 ✭✭✭✭✭

It would be an interesting experiment to take a sample of PSA 10s and send to TAG and vice cersa TAG 10s to PSA. Hopefully one of the YouTubers does this.

I think the way TAG grades they can really only grade ultra-modern. The system seems built to differentiate a bunch of near perfect cards - if the same standards were put in vintage would think nothing gets higher than a6 or so. Time will tell if TAG stays in business.