Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Set Registry - why do so few people allow email contact?

smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

I have noticed that maybe 10-20% allow you to reach out. Is it because everyone is afraid of getting hit up with solicitations? Whenever I have a batch of doubles from a set, I always try to reach out to other members first to see if they have an interest in buying the cards for less than ebay prices directly from me, while also allowing me to net out more. Or even better, to try to work out a trade for other cards.

Interested to hear why people aren't allowing this.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports

Comments

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

One reason may be that spammers constantly ask you if you want to sell your collection to them. Mildly annoying in the grand scheme of things but perhaps that is partly why.

-Nathanael

• Options
    kcherevkakcherevka Posts: 109 ✭✭✭

Is the default not to share and people don't know that it is an option maybe? Mine is shared but I vaguely remember having to check a box to do so. I always appreciate when other members reach out and just delete the spammer emails when they come in.

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

Its for looking, not touching.

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭

For me, it's only annoying to receive solicitations when it comes from the same person again and again. But the value of being able to communicate with other members greatly outweighs the occassional spam email.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports