Home Sports Talk
Options

The return of Tua

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like Tua is going to play against the Steelers this week, I don't know what to say, I fear for the guy. He commented on what it was like suffering that last concussion.

Tua Tagovailoa Has Concerning Admission After Scary Hit

As Tua Tagovailoa prepares to return to the field for the first time since that scary head injury he suffered on "Thursday Night Football" two weeks back, the QB opened up about his experience at the team's Wednesday press conference.

"There was a point I was unconscious. I remember the entire night up until the point I got tackled," Tua said via Joe Schad of the Palm Beach Post. "I don’t remember being carted off. I do remember some things from the ambulance and the hospital."

Tagovailoa just returned to the practice field seven days ago after clearing the league's concussion protocol where he threw for the first time since the injury.

Now he's primed to be the starter for Sunday night's game vs. the Steelers where he'll face former head coach Brian Flores.

Prior to the events of two weeks ago, Tua was playing some of the best football of his professional career as the triggerman of one of the AFC's ascending young teams.

He'll try to do what he can to get the Dolphins out of their three-game skid in this weekend's standalone game in primetime.

Comments

• Options

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK....here you go.....I picked Pittsburgh in the picks contest....but I just got to thinking....will Tua's return lift the Dolphins. These things happen. Or will he be skittish?

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this is a really bad life decision for Tua. But, I have been 24 years old before so i understand that feeling of invincibility.

He really needs to think about his 40 and 50 year old self.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 19, 2022 4:40PM

Hey,!....How did you get that video of my back yard?!?!.....I didn't authorize it......Are you in cahoots with The Lovely Mrs Hydrant™?.......If so you'll be answering soon to Terry.....And he's the jealous sort......Look Out!!!!

• Options
    edited October 19, 2022 7:07PM

@Hydrant said:

Hey,!....How did you get that video of my back yard?!?!.....I didn't authorize it......Are you in cahoots with The Lovely Mrs Hydrant™?.......If so you'll be answering soon to Terry.....And he's the jealous sort......Look Out!!!!

Ah yes, I love a good Terry Bradshaw nude to finish out the day, thank you sir. Unfortunately I had to delete all of my Terry Bradshaw nudes, my mother had to use my laptop and discovered my stash.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope he isn't making the wrong decision

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 20, 2022 6:10AM

This play against Miss State almost ended his career. Wish him the best.

• Options

Yep, that injury Tua suffered against Mississippi State was the same injury that ended Bo Jackson's career, Tua was screaming in pain.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

the guy has been through a lot in his short career.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.