Home Q & A Forum
Options

Authentic or not?

Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vendor on the bay is selling an ANACS holdered 2016 Michigan quarter as a D Carr item. When I go to MM and check Dans pics, the top fin is not the same length or shape, Bushes and water surface are missing design details. See pic from listing. Watcha think? cc: @dcarr Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Comments

• Options
    WilliamFWilliamF Posts: 832 ✭✭✭✭✭

What an interesting question: Is this an authentic copy, or a copy of a copy? ;)
    I don't know this piece well enough to venture an opinion on it but you could always check the ANACS cert# for a start...

."It's a dangerous business... going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to" -JRR Tolkien_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Outstanding BST transactions as a seller, buyer and trader with: ----- mustanggt, Kliao, claudewill87, MWallace, paesan, mpbuck82, moursund, basetsb, lordmarcovan, JWP, Coin hunter 4, COINS MAKE CENTS, PerryHall, Aspie_Rocco, Braddick, DBSTrader2, SanctionII, Histman, The_Dinosaur_Man, jesbroken, CentSearcher ------ANA Member #3214817

• Options

I'll try that but Dan's around and he's the man. Thanks

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

I figured it out. From the Moonlight Mint website:
    "Type-3: Obverse with 1 fin on back of fish. Reverse with 2 fins on back of fish. Not engraved or struck by Daniel Carr."

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was raised in Michigan and I'm not sure I really like it. But each to their own. Happy fishing :D

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members