Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

shock horror display in NYC

3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was walking along Bowery and Canal minding my own business in ran into this:

Not such a good idea to put your cards in the east facing window...

Check out how sun bleached some of those cards are.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2

Comments

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

Pretty common, even to this day, that shops leave the same stuff out on displays and sun fades it. I have noticed book binders, CDs, etc from a room that we had bookshelves in and left the shades open. Now, I have shades pulled or drapes in any room with anyone I don't want to fade. My card storage areas are w/o light unless I am in the areas and then, it's the overhead room lights only.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    agragr Posts: 56 ✭✭✭

Creating rare missing color variations to sell on eBay

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,514 ✭✭✭✭✭

thats horrible to do that. nust do the same with the currency :(

• Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 16, 2022 7:13AM

Safe deposit box only…and when I want to view my collection…I have my collection on Collectors Focus.

mint_only_pls
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have seen one business display packs in the windows. Sun baked with faded wrappers and the pack box as well.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    1all1all Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Back in the day, my local card shop in MD had huge windows in front with horizontal blinds. They attached 1955 and 1956 Topps cards to the outside of the blinds. It looked really sharp at first but it didn't take long before the sun bleached them to the point where they were barely visible. It was probably 1000's of cards and I distinctly remember seeing HOF cards in the mix.