Homeβ€Ί Sports Talk

most horrific call in the history of the NFL?

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

i say it's in the conversation

strip-sack...........recovery............roughing the passer πŸ˜‚

the NFL is becoming unwatchable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWu1VJfzXoU

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's definitely up there. And the funny thing is that it comes on one of the best plays you can see.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

Without question the worst call I've seen in a long while, it was laughable.

I stand by my post saying that Ref should be fired and not allowed to ref any game at any level ever again

No excuse other than he wanted the Raiders to win

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

It might have been the worst call ever,......But the refs did make up for it when they called an incomplete pass on the last play of the Raiders.......It cost the Raiders the game!.....I got no dog in that hunt but I was pis*ed!......Yes, Galixco......The NFL is becoming unwatchable!....... The Lovely Mrs. Hydrantβ„’ has a solution to it ......It's genius!!!!...... She told me that when she goes to the grocery store, there are anti-theft micro chips somewhere on the shopping cart wheels that lock up the wheels when the cart leaves the parking lot......So,.....her solution?.....The players should have the same micro chips in all their shoes and wear gloves with micro chips so that there would be no in bound out of bound controversies or whether or not the receiver did or did not have control of the ball before going out of bounds or fumbling!....No more.....GOING BACK TO NEW YORK CENTRAL to review the call!.....PURE GENIUS!!! 🀷

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    It's definitely up there. And the funny thing is that it comes on one of the best plays you can see.

showtime- great point. Chris Jones gets penalized for making one of the greatest plays of his career.
    Chiefs fans won't forget him coming through with a clutch play like that in a crucial situation though.
    Too bad a stupid ref had to ruin that great play.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

Galaxy- you've struck gold with those memes! :p

@WingedLiberty1957 said:
    i still think the worst (and most significant) bad call of all time was the Rams vs Saints in the NFC championship game a few years ago ... which took the game away from the Saints and handed it to the Rams ... all because the NFL wanted the bigger market share (profits) from an LA team in the SB. In the play below the refs DID NOT CALL pass interference on the Rams. Not only that it was an illegal helmet to helmet hit. So they could have called 2 penalties against the Rams. Instead no penalty was called. Unbelievable.

Yea, I watched it over and over and I have to agree with you......But it wasn't a game ender......The Rams paid the price for that call during the Super Bowl....I was at the game in Atlanta. A lady sitting next to me said she wasn't even a football fan but she could tell that the deck was stacked against the Rams......They were not going to win.......That play in the Rams/Saints game and then the Super Bowl turned me sour on the NFL refs........I haven't trusted them since!

@WingedLiberty1957 said:
    i still think the worst (and most significant) bad call of all time was the Rams vs Saints in the NFC championship game a few years ago ... which took the game away from the Saints and handed it to the Rams ... all because the NFL wanted the bigger market share (profits) from an LA team in the SB. In the play below the refs DID NOT CALL pass interference on the Rams. Not only that it was an illegal helmet to helmet hit. So they could have called 2 penalties against the Rams. Instead no penalty was called. Unbelievable.

The same thing happened in the Ram/Cowboy game last Sunday. There was a helmet to helmet hit on Cooper Kupp when he passed to the receiver and there was an obvious pass interference to boot!.....Two penalties on one play!....Neither was called!....I thought about the Rams/Saints game right then!...What a joke......I give up!

edited October 11, 2022 5:32PM

More on that blown call in the Rams/Saints game.........I don't think it was because the league wanted a bigger market share audience...... Simply put?.....There aren't that many die hard Ram fans.....period.....Ram fans are few and far between and people in SoCal are so laid back that they really don't care one way or the other who wins or loses.....Ram fans are not like the fans of most other teams.....We lose with a smile!....Believe Me!.....I'm one of them....probably something to do with the perfect weather and great scenery here!.... And the pretty girls.....Oh, God were they out in force Sunday at SoFi! I think it was payback against Saints head coach Sean Payton(?) because he was always copping an attitude on the refs......I could be wrong...... But that's my opinion...... Either way,.....The Saints got ripped!
    Oh, Yea.....The Good Life!

Eat Your Heart Out Boys!

• VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Too bad for the Saints - but they deserve all bad calls they will ever get after the league gave them a Super Bowl. Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you the (non called) high-low hit from the 2009 NFC Championship game. Peter King says of the Saints "It's not too much of a stretch to say that the dirty play won them the SuperBowl".

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

The call in the saints/rams game was the single worst I remember seeing, but man, that call in the Chiefs game was TERRIBLE. Jones made a fantastic play and was penalized for it. I dont know if i would totally blame the ref though. I am pretty sure there must have been directions handed down from the league office after the Tua hit about QB hits.

Still, a horrible call.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭✭✭

Four words.....

The Holy F#$%ing Roller!

Steve

• JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

@VikingDude said:
    Too bad for the Saints - but they deserve all bad calls they will ever get after the league gave them a Super Bowl. Ladies & Gentlemen, I give you the (non called) high-low hit from the 2009 NFC Championship game. Peter King says of the Saints "It's not too much of a stretch to say that the dirty play won them the SuperBowl".

There were so many non calls in that game, it's pathetic. At one point I remember Aikman saying "Another vicious cheap shot on Favre" and Joe moron Buck replying "They just called a roughing the passer, if they call another one, the fans will riot".

Lesson here; keep throwing those cheap shots, they won't call them all.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set