Home Sports Talk
Options

Panthers coach fired

Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

For DD

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.

Comments

• Options
    Alfonz24Alfonz24 Posts: 3,063 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Panthers announced Steve Wilks will become the interim head coach while the organization launches their search for a permanent replacement. Wilks currently serves as the defensive passing game/coordinator/secondary coach for the Panthers.

Wilks had a head-coaching stint with Arizona in 2018 and went 3-13 in his lone season.

#LetsGoSwitzerlandThe Man Who Does Not Read Has No Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read. The biggest obstacle to progress is a habit of “buying what we want and begging for what we need.”You get the Freedom you fight for and get the Oppression you deserve.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations @doubledragon

🍻🥂🥃🍺🍹🍸🍷🍾🎉🎈✨️🧨

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, sorry for the late reply, I'm a little busy at the moment.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

My post from 8:21 PM last night
    You warned me not to bet on Carolina wins last year. I still did. You warned me not to bet on Carolina wins this year. I still did. The definition of insanity?
    Maybe the QB isn’t the problem. Maybe, no not maybe the coach is. If the owner is smart he’s firing him Monday. Everyone can’t suck this bad without help

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

In all seriousness, I wish Matt Rhule the best of luck, by all accounts he is a great guy and his players liked him, it's very difficult to win in this league, and college coaches that try to make the transition often struggle to find success at the highest level of the game, heck just look at Urban Meyer and his reign of terror.

• Options
    JWPJWP Posts: 18,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Suburban meyers is available.

USN & USAF retired 1971-1993
    Successful Transactions with more than 100 Members

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

With this development I think two truths have been revealed: Matt Ruhle isn't what's wrong with Jacksonville and Urban Meyer wasn't what was wrong with the team. As someone who has followed the AFC North I can tell you that the constant shuffle of Head Coaches every 2-3 years is no way to build a team. As a matter of fact it might be a good way to hinder a team and assure its failure.

Right now the Jaguars are setting up Trevor Lawrence to be the new Baker Mayfield. He's entering the next game with his third Head Coach which will probably be replaced by his fourth as soon as Jacksonville can find someone. Each new HC means a new staff and usually a new system. It's no surprise that the most successful teams are the ones with the longest tenured HC's running them. Continuity is important for the success of the players.

Here are the current top 10:

Bill Belichick (New England Patriots)
    Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers)
    John Harbaugh (Baltimore Ravens)
    Pete Carroll (Seattle Seahawks)
    Andy Reid (Kansas City Chiefs)
    Sean McDermott (Buffalo Bills)
    Sean McVay (Los Angeles Rams)
    Kyle Shanahan (San Francisco 49ers)
    Mike Vrabel (Tennessee Titans)
    Frank Reich (Indianapolis Colts)