Home Sports Talk

Can the Red Sox recover in 2023?

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's unlikely that the future Red Sox team will be competitive for some time to come.

With the mindset of Chaim Bloom and Alex Cora's inept managerial skills, the Red Sox team will remain mired in mediocrity. Bloom, who traded away Chistian Vasquez, beloved team member, instead of focusing on the team's greatest need, which was pitching. It was crystal clear that therein was the immediate problem, yet crickets from the front office. Letting Schwarber (Mr. 40++ homeruns), was a self-inflcted wound of major proportions. Perhaps Bloom is just mired in metrics and can't see the forest for the trees.

We have seen the last of Eovaldi, JD Martinez, and quite likely Bogaerts, unless they buy him the island of Aruba to keep him. Devers may not be far behind.

The acquistion of Pham and others did little to improve the standings, despite a very good June, the wheels suddenly came off and the hand writing was on the wall, with the fat lady singing, along with Dandy Don's "turn out the lights, the party's over" resonating loud and clear.

Finishing the season 21 games out of first place, and the unthinkable fact that the Orioles were 6 games better, should send a loud message to Yawkey Way, however, I think Red Sox management at this point are all long gone to their long ago planned European vacations and everything is gone to voice mail.

The Red Sox team of 2023 will look a lot different from the 2022 team, and I think, not for the better.