Home Sports Talk

Today in mlb this happened for only the 3rd time since 1903 !

paulb71paulb71 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

A mlb playoff game where a team was losing by 7 runs came back to win !! You guessed correct the Seattle Mariners were down 8-1 in the 6th inning and won 10-9 taking care of business against the jays best pitcher.
Go M’s

Comments

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just saw that this happened. I didn't know it was so unlikely, but knew it was a long shot. That's the thing about baseball which makes it so unique.

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2022 8:12PM

Hey, Pauly B, a little off topic, but I had the misfortune of being at many, many, too many, Seattle baseball games when they played at the Kingdome. It was the worst, most horrible place you could ever imagine to play baseball!...... That place was ugly inside and out!....Thank God it got torn down!.......I hope your Mariners go all the way!......What a great story that would be!!!!

HOME RUN!

P.S. The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ just now reminded me........It's a toss up between which was worse......the Astrodome or the Kingdome......Her words,... " Concrete, concrete, asphalt."....Oh Yea!

• paulb71paulb71 Posts: 315 ✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:
    Hey, Pauly B, a little off topic, but I had the misfortune of being at many, many, too many, Seattle baseball games when they played at the Kingdome. It was the worst, most horrible place you could ever imagine to play baseball!...... That place was ugly inside and out!....Thank God it got torn down!.......I hope your Mariners go all the way!......What a great story that would be!!!!

HOME RUN!

P.S. The Lovely Mrs. Hydrant™ just now reminded me........It's a toss up between which was worse......the Astrodome or the Kingdome......Her words,... " Concrete, concrete, asphalt."....Oh Yea!

Unfortunately the M”s have to play Houston probably the best team in baseball

The worse stadium is the current Oakland coliseum what a dump , I always thought of the kingdome as a big movie theater