Trevor Lawrence

Options
doubledragon
doubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 1, 2022 5:32PM in Sports Talk

What a difference one year and a new head coach makes, I like this kid, I'm glad he's having success.

Passing yards - 772
TD - 6
INT - 1
QB rating - 103.1

Comments

  • doubledragon
    doubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2022 5:45PM
    Options

    And let's give it up for Doug Pederson, one of the best to ever coach the Jaguars.

  • grote15
    grote15 Posts: 30,229 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    Meyer was pitiful.



    Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • doubledragon
    doubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2, 2022 2:41AM
    Options

    Yes Urban Meyer, how could I ever forget his tenure as head coach of the Jaguars. I can still picture him on the sidelines now, coaching up his team....

  • Hydrant
    Hydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 1, 2022 8:45PM
    Options

    In his rookie season (2021?) the Jags played the Rams in L.A. At some point in the game, Lawrence came off the field after a 3rd down failure......and he went face to face on the sidelines with Meyer. It was a heated argument!.... I watched it and I thought.....That's it for Meyer....He's toast!......The weird part is that I could swear it happened at the Memorial Coliseum but Google search says the game was at SoFi. My mind is failing!.......Whatever, management went with the Kid. Good Decision! No Brainer.....

    P.S......I Really Don't Remember...... My Mind Is In A Blender....

    😵🍹😵🍹😵🍹😵🍹😵🍹😵🍹😵🍹

  • thisistheshow
    thisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    I would like to see him succeed.

  • doubledragon
    doubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    @thisistheshow said:
    I would like to see him succeed.

    Doug Pederson returns to Philly today to play the Eagles. He'll have to walk by a statue of himself!

  • craig44
    craig44 Posts: 13,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    i hope Lawrence does well.

    George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

  • Desert Moon
    Desert Moon Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    So far this season, TL is looking like best of show from last years rookie qb crop and on his way to possibly elite. The others haven't done much at all, will they even be in the league in a few years?

    My online coin store - https://desertmoonnm.com/
  • Tabe
    Tabe Posts: 6,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    @spacehayduke said:
    So far this season, TL is looking like best of show from last years rookie qb crop and on his way to possibly elite. The others haven't done much at all, will they even be in the league in a few years?

    First 3 games were good, last game not so much. Under 50% completions, 4 sacks, and the first guy this century to lose 4 fumbles in one game.

    I feel like he's basically a rookie thanks to last year being the Urban Clown Show. And what he's shown has been very promising, Sunday against Philly notwithstanding.

  • Steven59
    Steven59 Posts: 11,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    Yes, 5 turnovers on Sunday is a setback - was it temporary? I'd say yes, Just like stated - he seems to be on his way up now that he has the right coaches around him.

    "When they can't find anything wrong with you, they create it!"