Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone else get snubbed by Topps

Doug5307Doug5307 Posts: 29 ✭✭

I joined the Topps . Com site and when the new Topps Fire cards hit I bought 1 Hobby box and 1 value box, thinking that these two purchases would get me close to a set.
Then, four days after scheduled ship day I received an email telling they "over sold" the hobby box and I was being refunded my purchase price. S.O.B.!
So now I've got to pay almost 50% more to get a hobby box.

Anyone else get to enjoy this crap?

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Doug, I was at my local card shop a while ago. The owner said he couldn't buy cases of product from one of the card companies because he hadn't bought from them the previous year.

This guy doesn't have a huge budget, so he had bought just what he could afford the previous year.

Sad state of affairs when cards go from over produced to difficult to impossible to purchase.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    PastaBoyPastaBoy Posts: 175 ✭✭✭

Yep. 4 boxes and canceled too. Worst part is that after putting in that order I was checking Target online and they had same boxes for a bit cheaper, but since already had Topps order in ... well guess I didn't need Fire anyway. lol

• Options

Me too @PastaBoy. I had my order in, why should I buy more? Then boom, no order coming to me. Now I can't find the darned things for less than the price of my first born.

I did get the value box yesterday, and I'm kind of glad that I didn't actually receive the hobby box. Was not impressed with the cards at all. Although I did get a couple decent rookie cards.

Maybe when the update drops I'll get lucky and actually get the cards I ordered.

• Options

@JoeBanzai
    Yeah, I manage my card money like nobodies business. And because there is really only one LCS near me they can charge just about anything they want.

Like I said above, maybe I'll luck out get a box of the 2022 topps update.

• Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

What are these fire boxes going for from topps/target?

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

@ccmorgan said:
    What are these fire boxes going for from topps/target?

It was $84.99 at Topps. Haven't checked target.

• Options
    PastaBoyPastaBoy Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    edited September 30, 2022 1:21PM

When I checked, Target price was 79.99/hobby box, bit less than at Topps for some reason. I've been buying fairly regularly off Topps.com for last 1.5 years and this is first time that has happened too. Not a big loss as I was just going to store them away with rest of my unopened -- sort of getting a stash ready for when I (hope to) retire in a couple or 3 years and can have fun opening (or not.) Also works out that if I get the "jones" to rip something I can just go into my closet and pick something instead of hitting a store! :smile:

Actually, find myself equally interested in ripping and keeping unopened since I restarted hobby in 2/21.