Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Worst trim job ever. PSA caught this bad boy

handymanhandyman Posts: 5,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 28, 2022 11:09AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Not mine but sold on ebay. Thought it was funny they called this trimmed and didnt slab it. Give the man an A
Oh well. Whats the rule they wont grade a card? If its missing more than 25%? Something like that
Also I think the kid trimmed it with his bike spokes

Comments

• secretstashsecretstash Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2022 12:46PM

May as well call it minsizerq like other PSA failures to grade cards that are consistently cut short by the factory directly. B)

One of the most common cards given this inaccurate designation is the 1986 Fleer Sticker #1 Kareem Abdul Jabbar. PSA clearly knows the factory cut the majority of them short due to their location on the sheet and they actually mention in every submission return that the cards are "cut short by the factory" and not trimmed. They also keep track of the sheer number they have given a minsizerq designation, so they should have no problem logically comparing these figures to prove they have been misgrading factory cut cards all along. Period.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Trimmed" with a meat cleaver.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • daltexdaltex Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

And we know that this card goes with this label because why?

• jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭

I believe you need to put down minimum authentic. Or else it's not given a grade.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

@jay0791 said:
    I believe you need to put down minimum authentic. Or else it's not given a grade.

That's the guys across the street that do that. I don't believe PSA gives you that option.

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, technically they weren't wrong...

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.