Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

eBay Authenticity guarantee but you can’t

jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
edited September 27, 2022 5:43PM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Sell a PSA slab and use PSA in the title description. Since PSA is an authenticator if you use that in your listing title it won’t qualify for the guarantee?…?
I actually was starting to think what the heck I can sell a $500+ slab and not worry about the buyer scamming me because it will pass through basically an escrow service with the authenticating service.
Apparently for me to qualify I have to leave PSA off the title, hmmmmm seems kind of stupid.
What am I missing here?
I see many listings with guarantee and PSA in the title, but they refused me.

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax

Comments

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

I sold a PSA graded card for $700 a few weeks ago and it went to an authenticator and I had PSA in the title. Seems ebay isnt consistent when the authentication service kicks in

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jimrad said:
    Sell a PSA slab and use PSA in the title description. Since PSA is an authenticator if you use that in your listing title it won’t qualify for the guarantee?…?
    I actually was starting to think what the heck I can sell a $500+ slab and not worry about the buyer scamming me because it will pass through basically an escrow service with the authenticating service.
    Apparently for me to qualify I have to leave PSA off the title, hmmmmm seems kind of stupid.
    What am I missing here?
    I see many listings with guarantee and PSA in the title, but they refused me.

Were they selling for more than $750?

• Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭

Wow… there’s a loophole on EBay that allows for buyers to get scammed? Shocker!

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

the graded card threshold is $350. It applies to PSA cards, have sent a bunch to CA already. Silly for a lot of things like the one that went across the country and back when the buyer is an hour up the street. The main benefit is ensuring you get the card if you buy from low/new feedback sellers. High feedback established sellers, not so much for the most part

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

The card I was trying to sell was $950 and yes I have sold previously with the authenticity guarantee. After long back and forth with customer service their only explanation to me is that PSA is in the title. When I show them examples of current listings they say “well it seems confusing.”

Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2023 12:59PM

@beachbumcollecting said:
    the graded card threshold is $350. It applies to PSA cards, have sent a bunch to CA already. Silly for a lot of things like the one that went across the country and back when the buyer is an hour up the street. The main benefit is ensuring you get the card if you buy from low/new feedback sellers. High feedback established sellers, not so much for the most part

I just bought a PSA graded card for $292.50 and it went the authentication route. Card was a 1967 Topps Brooks Robinson. I paid for the card on September 29 and finally received it on October 13th.
    Pretty nice Brooks for a PSA 5:

Daniel
  • Options
    HarnessracingHarnessracing Posts: 319 ✭✭✭

The typical answer from EBay. They can’t answer any question .