Home Sports Talk
Options

Should the Steelers start Kenny Pickett?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike Tomlin is starting to hear the boos and the Kenny Pickett chants from the Steelers fans, they're getting restless in Pittsburgh, I say put Pickett in, let's see what he can do!

Comments

• Options
    edited September 27, 2022 5:05PM

Kenny! Kenny! Kenny!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure. I'm on the fence.

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,478 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pittsburg has nothing to lose by putting him in. Trubisky ranks 22 so far this season in qbr, that is about right based on the past. Steelers won't win much this year with him, so put Pickett in and see if he is the future..........

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2022 6:49PM

Can Kenny lead the Steelers to the playoffs? Oh come on man, this is one of life's biggest mysteries, it's bigger than why did the Bears experiment with Andy Dalton last season!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2022 1:43PM

It wouldn't hurt....

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you seen their schedule? This week is the Jets. The Jets offense may be struggling but their defensive front is no slouch.
    Bills
    Bucs
    Dolphins
    Eagles
    Saints
    Bengals
    Colts

Where do you see a point where you throw this guy to the wolves? No let’s not ruin his career before it starts. Tomlin knows this isn’t the time.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2022 3:06AM

Trubisky is horrible

Picket is learning nothing watching him play, actually he is learning what not to do if he wants to be a good QB

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Trubisky is horrible

Picket is learning nothing watching him play, actually he is learning what not to do if he wants to be a good QB

I guess Trubisky didn’t learn much playing behind Allen last year? Don’t throw Pickett to the wolves. Tomlin has a plan. It may not be for this year. I haven’t researched their cap, their needs or their total roster but this may be his Patriots 6-10 year with Newton

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2022 6:36AM

I heard two good comments last weekend on this topic:
    --- If I start to listen to the fans, pretty soon they're running the team. Mike Tomlin
    --- If the Steelers put Picket in and he fails, what do they do next?? TV analyst

I don't think Mitch Trubisky is the real problem. In Chicago he didn't have much of a chance with a crappy team and crappy HC, in Buffalo he kept a seat on the bench warm and now in Pittsburgh he's with a good HC but a banged up, crappy team.

To be honest and objective, the Pittsburgh Steelers are not very good this season, they have several players on injured reserve, a few others who will be out briefly and not a very good offensive line. All things considered, Mike Tomlin seems poised to have his first losing season while he tries to figure out how to "fix" things in the coming seasons. The offensive line is the biggest problem. They aren't very good at run blocking or pass blocking and the defense is so banged up that they aren't the usual life-net of years past.

To really put things in perspective, against their major rival, the Cleveland Browns, from 2010-2019 the Steelers record was 18-3. Since 2020 it is 3-3. That is cause for concern in Steel Town.