Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Charizard Base II Pokemon card

Some of you might remember back in january/february I had some pokemon cards from long ago.
I graded this base II charizard and it came back a NM7 to my disappointment. I figured it would be a 8 at least and maybe a 9 but no cigar.
Anyway this is the best looking 7 I have seen looks like an 8 for sure. The back side edges are near perfect. PSA doesn't list a price for a 7 so what is it worth?
I'm looking to sell it but a value for the card would be appreciated.
Thanks guys.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan

Comments

• Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

I also have this blain's charizard gym challenge 2/132 but there's no 1st ed stamp? I think it's an error card but don't know for sure. There's no other 2/132 card that PSA doesn't list as a 1st ed stamp?
    Any help is appreciated.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    threeofsixthreeofsix Posts: 565 ✭✭✭✭

The Blaine’s Charizard is an unlimited version (not a promo or 1st edition). One sold on eBay in Aug for $305.

The base 2 Charizard showed sales in the $230-$260 range.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

@threeofsix said:
    The Blaine’s Charizard is an unlimited version (not a promo or 1st edition). One sold on eBay in Aug for $305.

The base 2 Charizard showed sales in the $230-$260 range.

That's what confuses me. The 1999 unlimited set has 102 cards but no Blaines listed?
    The 2000 gym challenge has 132 cards but the #2 Blaines is listed as a 1sr edition.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options

Oh… got it….PSA doesn’t list prices for every card of every set. Since early Pokemon sets consist of both 1st Editions and non 1st Editions, it typically shows only 1st Edition prices.

Because the 1999 base set is so sought after in any version, it shows the pricing of both.

Live long, and prosper.
  • Options

Oh… and there in no Blaine’s Charizard in the 1999 base set, only the number 4/102 Charizard which you already know about.

Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you feel strongly that it's under graded you can always crack and resubmit at another time. Many of us including me have had success with this however that's not always the case. I had an 86 Topps Rice rookie that I submitted 3 times and it never bumped. In the end I would have been better off just purchasing a nicer example.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

@Cakes said:
    If you feel strongly that it's under graded you can always crack and resubmit at another time. Many of us including me have had success with this however that's not always the case. I had an 86 Topps Rice rookie that I submitted 3 times and it never bumped. In the end I would have been better off just purchasing a nicer example.

I just had both of these graded @ $50 each plus shipping. As a matter of fact I don't have the blains yet they just created the shipping label.
    Don't think the base II is worth resubmitting.
    I had a 1st ED charizard graded early this year
    (thread is buried here somewhere)and it came back a 7 with minor but noticeable flaking around the back edges.
    This one I don't see any but a corner or two with imagination on the back look somewhat imperfect.
    Oh well it is what it is. Just glad I kept these cards after all these years.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep. Too bad you didn't get them in pre-COVID; grades were a little more consistent, a lot faster, and prices were lower. If you caught a tough grade, resubmitting was easy and not cost-prohibitive.

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bosox1976 said:
    Yep. Too bad you didn't get them in pre-COVID; grades were a little more consistent, a lot faster, and prices were lower. If you caught a tough grade, resubmitting was easy and not cost-prohibitive.

I agree with the above. All of my resubs in the past didn't cost much, it was worth the gamble.

When you go to sell you could always try the BST category.

Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.