Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Nice radar note

Just inadvertantly Noticed this radar serial number on a $20 note I received from the bank.
Is it scarce or rare? Condiiton is poor but it's unique I think.
What do you note experts think?

Love the 1885-CC Morgan

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice circulation find.
    I wouldn’t call any Radar note rare. Every series and denomination would have this exact serial number issued. Someone finding it and pulling it from circulation is another story.

• Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

@Steve_in_Tampa said:
    Nice circulation find.
    I wouldn’t call any Radar note rare. Every series and denomination would have this exact serial number issued. Someone finding it and pulling it from circulation is another story.

I thought the early serial number was unique. Do you think it's worth more than face value?

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

If by early you mean low, most collectors consider a serial number to be low if they begin with a minimum of five leading zeros. I’m guessing someone on eBay would give you more than face value, especially if marketed as a Binary Radar. They eat that stuff up.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

way cool

• Options

It's not rare because radars are fairly common. But you note is a binary radar with only two digits and I think with all the zeroes, it's a little cooler than most. It might sell for around $40.00 since it's a twenty dollar bill.

• Options
    ccmorganccmorgan Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭

@Lostintranslation said:
    It's not rare because radars are fairly common. But you note is a binary radar with only two digits and I think with all the zeroes, it's a little cooler than most. It might sell for around $40.00 since it's a twenty dollar bill.

That's what I was thinking especially with the two digits and below 1 million on the serial number.

Love the 1885-CC Morgan
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always nice to find.

• Options
    bramn8rbramn8r Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭

good luck selling it, I sold a "birthday note" with a serial number that is a birthday for someone. $5 bill for $20.

• Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭

That bill was owned by Bond.....James Bond

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net