Home Sports Talk
Options

What is wrong with the Raiders?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

You sign Derek Carr to a 3-year $121 million extension, you go out and get Davante Adams, and you're now the only 0-3 team in the NFL.

Comments

• Options

How's this for irony, The only unbeaten teams left in the NFL are the Eagles, Giants, and Dolphins.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Derek Carr is not really that good

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing.

I like that the Raiders have a perfect record. :)

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

As perkdog has stated, Derek Carr has always been sort of overrated but I think the Raiders are still better than 0-3. They'll sort things out and improve but play in a tough division that had a rough weekend.

• Options

I think they suck because of Mark Davis, he's such a distraction.

• Options
    edited September 26, 2022 10:02AM

@doubledragon, What is wrong with the Raiders may be this week's question, but in two weeks it might be what is wrong with the Bengals??

I watched part of the game against the Jets yesterday and although they won the Bengals did enough things wrong to wonder.........................what happens after losses to Miami and Baltimore has them at 1-4?? Also, Joe Burrow will be lucky to make it all season without an injury, he's under constant pressure and continues to hold the ball and stay in the pocket. They need to find him some help, quickly.

And another thing: I know it's probably bad form to criticize the GOAT, but Tom Brady played rather poorly against the Packers. Saying that he doesn't have much help as the "talking heads" are want to do is a poor excuse. He made some poor choices and some poor throws. The GOAT should be able to lift his team higher than that sad showing. On the bright side, his run late in the game was electric!! I was worried for him when he went up the middle but he had a good lane and still uses that slide to protect himself. He doesn't run very often but does well when that's his choice.

I also thought it was classy what Brady said to Rodgers after the game. The press was crowded around the Green Bay QB who looked distracted until he found Tom in the crowd. The two hugged each other and Brady leaned in to say "Keep in touch." I thought that was cool. B)

• Options

@Maywood, The Bengals, yes, very interesting indeed. I agree, Burrow needs to get rid of the ball quicker and he needs better protection. And I watched Brady take off running with the ball yesterday, I couldn't believe my eyes, the old GOAT has some wheels on him!

• Options

Yes, just in case anyone missed it, Brady took off running yesterday, he can flat-out move when he wants to. The play was called back because of a flag and I believe he broke his knee brace when he slid, here's the video.

• Options

That knee-brace thing was weird, I think it locked up on him which is why he looked hurt at the end of the play. When the camera zoomed in it was really bent from the slide.

• Options

I initially thought Brady was hurt, the way he slid and his leg got jammed up, he was very fortunate not to get injured. I know he had to be mad when it was called back.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    How's this for irony, The only unbeaten teams left in the NFL are the Eagles, Giants, and Dolphins.

No one would have guessed this.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the expectations from the sports media were too high for the Raiders this year.
    The talking heads have to talk about something instead of actually working for a living so
    they hyped up the Raiders mainly because of the Devonte Adams acquisition.
    Like perkdog said, Derek Carr has shown over the years he's not that good especially under pressure.
    He's a veteran now and has not proven he can take the Raiders to the next level.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • Options

I can't wait until the Raiders play the Chiefs, that's right Patrick, show Carr who his daddy is!

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

One word: meh.....................

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

3 losses by a total of 13 points. They'll right the ship on Sunday!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't know. But expected more from them. Long road now at 0-3 to make playoffs.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".