Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA’s Centering Measurement

I was always under the impression that the centering on a card was measured at the worst point (on a tilted card). But this newly graded PSA 9 seems way, way off at its worst point. Am I misunderstanding this policy, or is the grader? 🤔

Comments

• Options
    GroceryRackPackGroceryRackPack Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    I was always under the impression that the centering on a card was measured at the worst point (on a tilted card). But this newly graded PSA 9 seems way, way off at its worst point. Am I misunderstanding this policy, or is the grader? 🤔

hey PaulMaul,
    Cool Reggie... :)

• Options
    PNWcollectorPNWcollector Posts: 301 ✭✭✭✭

If you want us to comment, you need to post a better picture showing the full front of the card and not at an angle.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to say the same. A scanner is a great tool to have.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

PSA scanned it:

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

Strange, the front is tilted but the back isn't... wonder if they're all like that, and that's why it didn't effect the grade.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 25, 2022 1:10PM

I should have pointed out that it’s not my card. The eBay photo certainly makes it look worse than it is…seems to be around 63/37 at the top…not my idea of a 9, but people can certainly see what they’re getting.

• Options

Looks like a nice 9 to me. Top to bottom is incredible for a 72 and besides that one tight spot which isn’t totally egregious side to side looks pretty stellar. Rest of the card looks very clean too. Could it have been an 8? Sure , but it doesn’t look that out of place in the 9 holder either imo

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks ok to me.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

If the card is square in the holder, it breaks about 1/16th of an inch from left to right.

That would bug the crap out of me on a 9.

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks to be within parameters for a PSA 9 grade, imo.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    82FootballWaxMemorys82FootballWaxMemorys Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not disagreeing with the grade but it's front presentation is vertigo inducing.

Unless otherwise specified my posts represent only my opinion, not fact.