Home Sports Talk
Options

21 years ago the GOAT was born

craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a day late, but 21 years ago last night, Mo Lewis knocked Drew out of the game and Tommy started the journey

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

💥💥💥💥💥👏👏👏👏👏👏

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,161 ✭✭✭✭✭

hey drew, thanx for not running out of bounds bruh

-tommy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St9u238ipRE

• Options
    MaywoodMaywood Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is an interesting topic. I mean, it's not like Brady got in because the other guy failed, retired, got traded, etc. which leaves me wondering what would have happened with his career?? The Patriots may still have won a few Super Bowls with Bledsoe and Brady still may have followed as their QB and might have even prevailed in camp one season. I hate the term "Perfect Storm" but this is a case where it really seems to apply, things just happened to launch a player into history.

Not only did it propel Tom Brady as a first vote HOF'er(if he ever retires), but it may have stolen that honor from Bledsoe.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭✭✭

Careful Galaxy, I think Craig is the only one here allowed to call him Tommy.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Maywood said:
    This is an interesting topic. I mean, it's not like Brady got in because the other guy failed, retired, got traded, etc. which leaves me wondering what would have happened with his career?? The Patriots may still have won a few Super Bowls with Bledsoe and Brady still may have followed as their QB and might have even prevailed in camp one season. I hate the term "Perfect Storm" but this is a case where it really seems to apply, things just happened to launch a player into history.

Not only did it propel Tom Brady as a first vote HOF'er(if he ever retires), but it may have stolen that honor from Bledsoe.

drew was a very good QB with an extremely strong arm. I was a big fan of his from 93. Drew did a great job in the playoff game against the steelers that first super bowl run. he finished the second half of the game and won!!!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

We are getting old. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:

@Maywood said:

drew was a very good QB with an extremely strong arm. I was a big fan of his from 93. Drew did a great job in the playoff game against the steelers that first super bowl run. he finished the second half of the game and won!!!

When this topic comes up, I always say the same things, but nonetheless... I was also a huge Bledsoe fan. I felt so much hope when we drafted him. Then we got to a SB, and in my opinion were greatly affected by Parcell checking out on us before the game.

When I saw Bledsoe get knocked out against the Jets, I remember thinking that we had no future as a team anytime soon. It just goes to show you that you can never really predict your sports future.

• Options

I'm going to link an under 20 minute clip of that game. A lot of people don't remember the ending details. Bledsoe gets hit. It was on 4th down. He comes back in next drive. They have a turnover. Brady comes in next drive, which is the last. Bledsoe was on the sideline, and the Patriots said he was fine. But he wasn't. He should have already been getting medical attention. If that drive had continued instead of them turning it over, and Bledsoe had taken another big hit, his fate might have been sealed. He started having more trouble breathing. They put him in an ambulance after the game. He passed out in the ambulance and the driver pulled over so they both could work on him. I forget the details, but I know that with each breath blood was going into his chest cavity. Bledsoe didn't wake up until the next morning, and doctors worked on him for several hours that night. According to the doctors and Bledsoe himself, he was pretty close to death for awhile.

https://youtu.be/3557ZCza92A

• Options